Hard Pill to Swallow to be Secured

 Vitamin authentication password pill


Motorola and a few others are interested in a system in which you take a pill with your pin encrypted inside of it. You have to take one everyday with different pins and because you will loose the one you had within 24 hrs or so it will need to be replaced. The way it works is your stomach juices will melt the coating of the pill or capsule and your electrolytes will serve as the means to transmit to your computer the information.  You will have to be in front of your computer in order to work of coarse.  No one will be able to connect to your computer from afar even if they electronically deciphered your pin/password.

There are still some kinks on the idea like what happens if someone else gains access to your pills.  Can you overdose if taken more than one causing your computer to crash or what happen if you get the revenge of Montezuma? I guess you will be too busy making trips to the bathroom to want to network?

As the end of this year comes quickly to a close those are the things that we know are happening, the frightening stuff comes from your fav cell, cable company and your money supported and voted on by you and me, 'our government’. There isn’t much we can do to stop or slow down what’s coming down the pipes, what we can do is make sure that we know what we are doing to be able to survive and in many cases enjoy developments putting them to our advantage.  One thing you can control I hope is you. Our lives are lived through decisions and the fruit or aftermath of those decisions.  If you know you and how you make your decisions this will help.

If you want to see an example of bad posting on a security point of view,  all you have to do is go to Facebook and see the stuff scrolling down on your screen. Either too much important information is laid out for people you never met to see to others panicking when they hear that FB read your private messages or that people can take the pic of your child and publish it in some sort deviant magazine or web site.

Just three days ago I read a message from someone I knew, a mom. The message was written in a “breaking news” kind of format and I could see from hundreds of miles apart the expression of agony in this mom. The message was a warning to moms not to post pictures of their kids because “they’ discovered a website in FB that is after kids pictures for use by pedophiles. I wanted to send her a message and tell her that there are ways to pick the people you want the photos to be seen and wether they  could be tag or not. Im sure she knew, she was just passing the message along like when commerce law virgins were putting disclaimer on the pages stating that their stuff was theirs. I still see it today. How interesting! The site belongs to FB but what you give to FB belongs to you. I guess none of these forks read Face Books’ disclaimer saying that everything there is theirs.

I decided not to say anything because after not being in contact for a long time for me to start telling them how to do things, I was afraid the information might get lost along the conversation about me, not in touch and may be even writing badly about their hero the ‘Duck and his dynasty.” Besides I was afraid that by the time I explained how you do things today it might be different tomorrow.

I figure if they are afraid of a pedophile web site even though there are but many in every social network and they won’t learn the tool to protect themselves, What are they doing there? Posting pics and being part of it all?  The warning from this mom was well intentioned but it was not based on the realities of security on FaceBook.

A lot of the mistakes I’ve made in FaceBook have been based in not checking for changes frequently.  One day my pics are all private and my setting are being followed and the next day they are all visible to all because FB changed their settings without any warning and it exposed things I thought they were private.

What I do now is review all the time my settings on my private page of FB and post what is known or what only has importance to people that I personally know and it has no real importance if reposted by someone. Still I had an ex-employer calling to tell me someone complaint to have seen me naked on Face Book. I was disappointed about a complaint on my body, but I figure it wasn’t me.  It was probably a posting from this blog with someone semi naked.
On the public adamfoxie.blogspot.com page on FB I only post the story tittles with the link to the site. If I decide to talk about the snow or the rain I will do it from my private page. Separating your professional pages from personal stuff is very important.

 Im writing for you to warn you that our times are not ours anymore because we have to share.  Once we know we are not alone anymore then we can take steps, what ever they are and what ever works for you (no cookie cutter system to follow for all) to insure our personal security and the security of what we try to accomplish in a public way.

If target can be hit exposing not only customers name and address with may be social security numbers, which was the past, now Target gets hit and all the information is lost including the account numbers pins and any bank account numbers and pins connected to their target account. That is as bad as it gets nowadays and unless the simple pin base system to encode applications is not change, we will see of more instances like these. I guess bring on the pill? Im hoping for something better!

Target as a target teach us to review our security on the net and know where you should be on that spectrum. If you do banking on the net many banks offer free filters and malware detectors for suspicious sites for your computer and sometimes your iPhone and android. They do business with you on the net so they are smart enough to know that they don’t want you to be the weak link in the chain.

Good Luck and Chin Up like the British will tell us.

Adam Gonzalez, Publisher
Sourcing done by this blog using public, government, commercial sites.

Comments