Showing posts with label Accused. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Accused. Show all posts

May 26, 2018

George Takei' Accuser Retracts Story_Not Everything That Shines is Real




 Last November, a man named Scott R. Brunton accused George Takei of groping him without consent back in 1981. The men were friends at the time, and Brunton says after having a few drinks at Takei’s home he passed out briefly and woke up to Takei undressing him. “He had my pants down around my ankles and he was groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off and feeling me up at the same time, trying to get his hands down my underwear,” Brunton told The Hollywood Reporter, adding that he then told Takei to stop — which Takei did — put his pants back on, and drove home. In a subsequent interview with theOregonian, Brunton also said, “I know unequivocally he spiked my drink.”
Image result for george takei and ccuser
 Scott R. Brunton accuser
In a new article from The Observer, however, Takei’s accuser is walking back parts of his story, which reporter Shane Snow points out has changed at various points since first Brunson’s first accusations in THR. When asked directly by The Observer if Takei actually touched his genitals in 1981 without consent, Brunton responded could not actually confirm the groping took place. 
I asked him to clarify the issue. “Did he touch your genitals?”
“You know … probably …” Brunton replied after some hesitation. “He was clearly on his way to … to … to going somewhere.”
We shared a pause.
“So … you don’t remember him touching your genitals?”
Brunton confessed that he did not remember any touching.
In addition to cataloguing the various times Brunton has changed the details of his encounter with Takei, including what state of undress the actor was in when he was allegedly removing Brunton’s pants, Snow consults various sources about the effects of date-rape drugs, and whether or not Brunton would have been capable of moving, operating a vehicle, and remembering the night had he been under the influence of substances like Rohypnol or quaaludes. The conclusion from various toxicologists was that it was highly unlikely Brunton was dosed with a date-rape drug and able to function as he described. When this information was brought to Brunton, Snow notes he seemed less than “unequivocally” convinced he had been drugged by Takei that night.
I shared the toxicologists’ observations with Brunton, who admitted that this made him feel better. He was probably right all those years when he thought he was just drunk. He would still never know for sure, but, Brunton said, referring to Takei, “it makes him a little less sinister.”
Burton still feels he was taken advantage of that night by someone he considered a friend. He does not think of Takei as “a criminal or an abuser,” and wants an apology from the actor “for taking advantage of our friendship.” Takei has maintained there was no wrongdoing, saying in his initial denial that, “Those that know me understand that nonconsensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful.”
Update, May 26: In a series of tweets, Takei expressed gratitude that Burton admitted to falsifying parts of his story. “As many of you know, this has been a very difficult period for myself and my husband Brad as we have dealt with the impact of these accusations, but we are happy to see that this nightmare is finally drawing to a close,” he wrote. “As I stated before, I do not remember Mr. Brunton or any of the events he described from forty years ago, but I do understand that this was part of a very important national conversation that we as a society must have, painful as it might be. It is in that spirit that I want folks to know, despite what he has put us through, I do not bear Mr. Brunton any ill will, and I wish him peace. Brad and I are especially grateful for the many fans who stood by me throughout this ordeal. Your 
By 

Email Subscribe, No Spam ..Get headlines into your mailbox every day. Don’t Miss Any Stories! 🦊


July 29, 2016

Court Dismisses OverZealot Prosecution of Alleged Chandra Levy Killer

Image result for Ingmar Guandique, chandra levy







Image result for Ingmar Guandique, chandra levy


                                                                 



                                 



A judge dismissed the indictment Thursday against the man charged with killing intern Chandra Levy, after prosecutors asked to drop the case that drew national interest and embroiled a lawmaker in scandal.

Above those are the pictures of Ingmar just before he was arrested for as a suspect of Chandra’s death and now as he is being released. Imagine the bitterness against this nation he most have. At the end,  he is being deported for not killing her.

Ingmar Guandique, who lived in Washington, was found guilty in 2010 of killing Levy, who disappeared in 2001. Guandique, who has protested his innocence from the start, was granted a new trial last year based on questions about the credibility of a jailhouse informant. Prosecutors now say he will be deported.

Superior Court Judge Robert Morin ordered the case dismissed, based on the request from U.S. Attorney Channing Phillips.

"Mr. Guandique has maintained since the beginning, when he passed an FBI administered lie detector test, that he did not kill Ms. Levy. This dismissal vindicates Mr. Guandique," Lauren Hankins, general counsel for the public defender service that represented him, said in a statement. "Finally, the government has had to concede the flaws in its ill-gotten conviction."

The disappearance of Levy, 24, of Modesto, Calif., while she worked as an intern at the federal Bureau of Prisons, made headlines after she was linked romantically to then-Rep. Gary Condit, D-Calif. Condit was later ruled out as a suspect.

A man walking his dog found Levy’s remains in Rock Creek Park in 2002. Police said she used to run through the park.

Prosecutors argued in an earlier trial that Levy's death fit a pattern of attacks Guandique committed on female runners. When he was charged, he already was in prison for attacks that occurred around the same time 

The illegal immigrant from El Salvador was convicted of first-degree murder in 2010 and sentenced to 60 years in prison, despite protesting his innocence. Guandique's lawyers pursued a retrial for the past two years, citing new evidence that a former cellmate and key witness, Fresno gang member Armando Morales, lied during the initial trial.

A new trial was scheduled for Oct. 16. But Phillips filed a motion Thursday asking Morin to dismiss the indictment based on new information received by the government within the last week. Those new details weren't provided in the filing.

“After investigating this information and reviewing all of the evidence in the case, the government now believes it is in the interests of justice for the court to dismiss the case without prejudice,” Phillips said in the filing.

Prosecutors determined they could no longer prove the murder case against Guandique beyond a reasonable doubt, the U.S. attorney's office said in a statement. One of Guandique's public defenders didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Guandique's request for a new trial focused on Morales, who testified at trial that Guandique confided in him that he was responsible for Levy's death. Because there was no physical evidence linking Guandique to Levy's death, Morales provided some of the trial's most powerful testimony.

However, Guandique's attorneys suggested in a court filing that Morales lied several times at trial, including testifying he had not asked for anything in exchange when he had asked to be put in a witness protection program, the lawyers said.

"In 2010 the trial prosecutors convinced a jury to convict by deliberately hiding evidence that would have exposed the false testimony of their star witness," said Hankins of the public defender service. "It is now clear that the jailhouse informant, who was central to the government’s case, was a perjurer who too easily manipulated the prosecutors."

Defense lawyers only learned of the informant's identity "just before trial" and it took years of investigation to uncover the extent of flaws in the case — and to force the government to reexamine its own case, she said.

"Justice would have been better and more timely served had the government provided open file discovery to the defense before the trial and if the government had fully investigated its own witnesses," Hankins said.

Guandique has been incarcerated while awaiting retrial. Prosecutors said after the judge’s dismissal Guandique would be released to the custody of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Chandra Levy, a 24-year-old intern who disappeared April 30, 2001 without leaving any hint as to her whereabouts. 

, USA TODAY


May 23, 2014

Accused of Having Gay sex Denied Bail (sodomy bail refused)

  
Refused bail ... Sydney Chirombe
 
RELATED STORIES
MDC-T Cllr held for ‘car sex’ with man



A HARARE Magistrate Wednesday denied bail to the MDC-T councillor charged with sodomy citing President Robert Mugabe anti-gay rants adding that the official and his alleged partner would likely “reunite and commit the abominable act” if freed.
MDC-T Ward 33 Budiriro councillor Sydney Chirombe, 49, is languishing in jail after allegedly being found in a compromising position with a male colleague last week. Chirombe is being charged with his suspected partner, Joseph Muchena, 23.
Magistrate Milton Serima said sodomy is a felony that “The Highest office in the land has denounced hence the accused could not be admitted to bail. The offense is very serious, and has even got condemnation from President Robert Mugabe.
“At one stage the President said that a person involved in such an act is worse than pigs and dogs. The first accused is a Councillor whose reputation and esteem is expected to be held without any contempt,” Serima said.
The magistrate also argued that Chirombe could abscond from court because the nature of his crime is embarrassing.
“The first accused is likely to skip trial if given bail considering his status in the community. The nature of crime might induce him to take flight and throw the State case into disarray,” the magistrate said.
On the councillor’s alleged partner Muchena, the magistrate accused him of giving conflicting addresses to court officials thereby raising suspicion on his credibility.
“The second accused person is of no fixed board, so he is most likely to flee the jurisdiction of the court. The propensity to commit similar offense upon release is highly likely. The pair will most likely reunite and commit the abominable act,” Serima said.
Prosecutor Sharon Mashavire argued against bail because “the duo was caught in the act hence the presumption of innocence falls away”.
“Accused persons were actually arrested whilst committing the offense, therefore their presumptions of innocence until proven guilty falls away at face value,” Mashavire said.
“There is a high likely hood of a stiff sentence if convicted, thus there is a high risk the two might abscond trial”.
Mashavire added that the public needed to be protected “from such perpetrators”.
Mugabe is a vocal critic of homosexuality and has come out openly to support anti-gay laws in Uganda and other countries.
In his independence speech last month, the veteran Zimbabwean leader said gay-rights are not human rights because they are based on immoral and unnatural activities.

Featured Posts

Trump Administration Rolled Backwards The Clock for LGBT and People Living with HIV

                                   By  Sean Cahill HIV Plus Magazine   Last weekend marked the two-year anniv...