Actor Harry Cook Comes Out “I’M Gay”





Image for Actor Harry Cook: "I'm gay"

“Life’s too short to be anything but yourself,” says Sydney-based actor Harry Cook in his coming out video.
Taking a deep breath, he reveals: “I’m gay.”
He’d hesitated a few times before coming out, he admits, as he believes that some producers/directors believe that if you’re gay as a person, you may not be able to play a straight role.




“I thought about it for a really long time and really stewed over it. I was like ‘Oh my God, this could ruin my career.’ All this crap… and then it kind-of hit me that that’s so ridiculous.”
Cook, 22, was born in London and moved to Australia with his family at age 10. He’s been seen in various theatre and film roles, perhaps most notably as Geena Davis’s son Larry in 2009’sAccidents Happen.
Putting up his ‘coming out’ video was scary, he acknowledges, but Cook now says he’s very relieved to not have to “put up a mask the whole time.”
“When I’m not being open and being myself, I just feel like a liar. I don’t want to live my life like that.”

samesame.com.au

by 

Watch Harry Cook’s coming out video below.

Comments