A Couple Married for 20 Years Come Out as Gay


A husband and wife realized more than 20 years into their marriage that they were both gay. 
David Kaufman had always struggled with being born a boy. He tried to ignore the nagging feeling for years and even married twice and had two kids, CBS Sacramento reports. 
He was married to his second wife, Cat, for more than 20 years when he realized he needed to come clean about his desire to become a woman, as well as another more recent discovery - that he was attracted to other men.


Cat Kaufman (right) revealed she was gay to her husband, David, 20 years into their marriage. David is now Dani (left)


Cat Kaufman (right) revealed she was gay to her husband, David, 20 years into their marriage. David is now Dani (left) 
Cat (left) and David (right) Kaufman are pictured on their wedding day
Cat (left) and David (right) Kaufman are pictured on their wedding day
But Cat had a secret of her own - and she revealed her's first. 
'I just said, "You know, I need to tell you something,” Cat said. 'I need to tell you that I’ve been thinking that I would like to date women.’

David recalled saying, 'Oh my god, get out of town! I just figured out I’m gay!'

David has since become Dani, a woman. Asked whether she saw any signs during their marriage that her husband was gay, Cat said saw none whatsoever.  They are now living separately. 
David (now Dani) Kaufman had always struggled with being born a boy. She tried to ignore the nagging feeling for years and even married twice and had two kids.

 Dani) Kaufman had always struggled with being born a boy. She tried to ignore the nagging feeling for years and even married twice and had two kids.
Just last year, however, Dani realized she isn't gay - she was just born in the wrong body
Just last year, however, Dani realized she isn't gay - she was just born in the wrong body
'It was pretty shocking for both of us,' Cat told CBS Sacramento.
'It was excitement and relief,' she added. 
Just last year, however, Dani realized she isn't gay - she was just born in the wrong body. 
'I don’t just want to be female. I really am female,' Dani said. 
She began transforming into a woman more than a year ago. 
Cat says Dani is still the same person she married. 'Inside she¿s the same person that I married, and just the outside has changed'
Cat says Dani is still the same person she married. 'Inside she¿s the same person that I married, and just the outside has changed'
'It felt so good to be me,' she said of the gender transition process. 'It felt so good to be a woman, to be Danielle. This is incredibly cool.'
Cat says Dani is still the same person she married. 
'Inside she’s the same person that I married, and just the outside has changed,' she said. 
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER


Comments