Skip to main content

Andy Cohen Says Bravo Is A Bi, Not Gay, Network




BY ON TOP MAGAZINE STAFF 
PUBLISHED: SEPTEMBER 02, 2010

Andy Cohen, the openly gay Bravo exec, says the cable network is bi,
not gay.
Cohen works behind the cameras at the network in the enviable position
 of senior VP of original programming and development, but is
increasingly being seen in front of the camera. At first hosting the
 various Real Housewives reunion specials and then as star of his own
 chat show for the network, Watch What Happens, which takes a
 revealing look at the stars that populate the Bravo universe.
That would include a bevy of openly gay and gay-friendly celebrities
 such as gay icon Kathy Griffin, the star of Kathy Griffin's My Life On 
The D List, and the cuddlesome Tom Colicchio, celebrity chef of
Top Chef.
Yet, Cohen insists Bravo, which was built on the gay-tag-team
makeover seriesQueer Eye for the Straight Guy, is not a gay network.
“I always saying we're bi, but I think it's kind of how I view myself being
 gay – it's just one of things that I am,” Cohen told most likely bi monthy
glossy BlackBook. “So Bravo may or may not be gay, but I think there's
a lot of other things going on. I think for the gay people on Bravo, it's one
of the things that they are – they're not on Bravo because they're gay. The
people that are gay on Bravo, like Brad on Rachel Zoe or Jeff on Flipping Out, they're gay but they're also great at what they do and that's why they're on
 Bravo and that's important.”

Bookmark and Share

Comments