Kansas Teacher in FB } Gays Are Going To Hell


 

A self-described devout Christian who teaches social studies to junior high school students Kansas took to his Facebook pageto post an anti-gay message in the wake of President Barack Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage last week.
Jack Conkling, a teacher at Prairie Middle School in Hutchinson, Kansas, wrote on his Facebook page that'all this talk in the news about gay marriage recently has finally driven me to write. Gay marriage is wrong because homosexuality is wrong.The Bible clearly states it is sin.'
He wrote that he is not claiming homosexuality is 'a sin any worse than other sins' but states that it 'ranks in God's eyes the same as murder, lying, stealing, or cheating.'
His post also states: 'I am willing to admit that my depravity is just as great as anyone else's, and without Christ I'd be destined for hell, if not for the undeserved grace of God. I'm not condemning gay marriage because I hate gay people. I am doing it because those who embrace it will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven. And I desire that for no one.'
Conkling is also the school's girls basketball coach and some of his nearly 500 Facebook friends are students.
He has been blasted by the Kansas Equality Coalition for his online comments, according toHutchNews.com.
'What would Mr. Conkling say to a student who is getting bullied for being gay or lesbian?' Kansas Equality Coalition Executive Director Thomas Witt asked in a press release issued this week.
The school's principal said there is not a Facebook policy for teachers but that the matter is being looked into.
Conkling told the local newspaper that he is 'sad' some people 'didn't understand my heart.’

Comments