Congratulations New York and To Christine and Kim } The Meaning of it All

New York City Council speaker Christine Quinn wed her long-time partner Kim Catullo on Saturday, May 20, 2012.
What a wonderful day for all gays in New York State!  Wether you are part of a couple or you are single, you most be proud that your state will legally recognize your relationship if you so desire. 

It’s not religion and is not politics, is about a human path and even experiment in which two people get together to share their lives.

 Because of laws made to recognize people that do that because it was deemed that it was better for society when two people coupled. Yes, children where in mind but also the accomplishment that two people united could do for society. Two united in every way would accomplish more than a single individual. That is not true in every case like nothing in life is uniform in every case.  Early in my career I realized that when I was dating I was better at work.  When I decided to coupled,  my salary when up and promotions starting coming faster my way.  Simply put I was paying more attention to what I was doing.  No need to look for company or sex elsewhere when I had it right next to me. I transcended from a casanova and taking advantage of looks and power of youth to experiment and get even for leading a religious youth studying and following a religion.   When I realized I was gay I realized I had so many things to learn. To be attracted to some men and not be able to know what to do with them once I got them was beyond funny, is sad. It was tragic the way I look at it now. 

Once that phase passed away it was nice being coupled and out.  Of coarse when you couple you never know if you have the right individual or not. Only time tells that. If there is a break up the important thing is to learn what both sides did wrong so you can avoid it next time. It’s beneficial to be critical of one self instead of defensive. It’s easy to blame everything on the other one, but that does not aloud you to learn.  If there is a split then it means there was a mistake made by both individuals. As a couple one need to to always take at least 50% of responsibility and know that even if there is infidelity, one needs to learn why.

Beyond of what I said I come back to the joy of seeing Christine, a real New Yorker in every way. A very human person. Wether you agree with her politics or not you should know her as a person and learn about how good a human being she is.

Congratulations to Christine and Kim Catullo. You make gay New Yorkers proud. Also thank You Gov. Cuomo for keeping a promise. Politicians always forget or have excuses, but you put everything on the line and accomplished what other just paid lip service because they were not honest about the promise to make New York State Modern, humanitarian and a smart state.  When I get aggravated of how expensive things are here and how better I could live some place else with my income like I’ve done before, I think about going to a backward state of which we have 30 of them. Then I say cheap is not better. May be if I could sell hot dogs!
Adam Gonzalez for adamfoxie*

Comments