Find The Nearest "Gay" On Your GPS

Bookmark and Share

Verterano: You are .2 miles from the nearest gay

365gay.com
I think it’s safe to say most drivers depend on their GPS. I can’t remember the last time that a creepy British woman didn’t direct me where to turn. Now, the creepy British woman is telling you where to turn if you want some action.

Okay, well maybe it’s not the creepy British woman…but I’m sure someone creepy is behind it. A new iPhone Application is available called Grindr. Basically, Grindr is a gay GPS. People sign up for the application and say they’re gay and other people use it to find the nearest gay in the area.
photo by CarbonNYC
 Uh…what?!
 I wonder what is under “Points of Interest.”
While to some it may seem like a good idea for this application, I just don’t see the point.
The only people I really see who have a need to use this technology are those who may be in the closet and not completely comfortable about being themselves. Still, if you’re going to sign up for something that basically says you’re gay, then you might as well come out of the closet.
The only other people I could see using this application are people who need to check into sex rehab…immediately.
I never really realized that “online dating” had become such a necessity for on-the-go situations these days. Then again, the iPhone has a strobe light application so I guess pretty much anything can get on there.
I wonder what someone would do once they’ve actually located someone in the area. The person being approached probably would not be expecting the confrontation from the person who found them. It could potentially be a very embarrassing situation. I kind of hope I witness one of them.
What would the person using the application even say to the person they found.
“Hey, so I found you on Grindr. I guess you’re gay. Wanna go get railed?”
Yeah, I’m guessing that would basically be the most awkward conversation of all time.
While when the concept for Grindr was being developed, I’m sure they had a much more wholesome idea—gay men can find other men they have something in common with and potentially start a relationship.
However, I have a bad feeling that Grindr will be used to create random hook-ups on the go and create a different type of wireless connection.
But who am I to judge? As long as you’re enjoying yourself then that’s what matters. Just remember to keep your iPhone in a protective case.



Comments