Cash$$Cash$$ FOR KIDS!

When I was growing up as a kid under 10 the same I was aware of this happening in Puerto Rico. There were families with too many kids and too poor. All you had to do is offer something and take the kid from them. At times they would ask if they agree to adoption other times even if that was not necessary. Mainly the kids were wanted because someone in the family or friends of the family wanted a kid in other occasions they wanted a kid to help them if they were in a marriage with no kids. Yes, the kids were treated well but school was not a necessity and as they grew up they had to help with the household chores but to be fair even if they were born into a family the same was expected of them. By the way, everyone wanted girls. A more docile person can help with the family having a kid or two and needing a girl to help them watch over the kids, do the washing of dirty pampers, etc. 

I don't know how mom got into this. All she got was gratitude and I would imagine she must've gotten a money gift but I never heard her ask for anything. I was usually with her because mom never travel alone. She always took a boy kid and I was the only one growing up all the others were adults already.
I also saw as I grew up that once these girls reached puberty somehow they found a boyfriend that took them away, lol. This means they were looked after and well fed but they were not happy particularly as they watched on the tv which they never had before what the world looked like.

What is happening in the Phillippines is strictly money transactions in which the kids are bought. That was never what happened as far as I know with my mom and family, and friends. It was relieving a family of a kid they could not afford.
To this day I'm not sure how ethical that was on today's conscience but back then it was all legal. My mom had a foster home in which they would bring kids with no parents or in trouble due to some disaster that happened to them (two girls in their teens who were sexually abused by alcoholic parents' next-door neighbor).

Comments