Mr. Gay UK Winner

Pink Paper Uk Interviews Samuel, Mr. Gay UK Winner:
by Peter Lloyd

Name: Samuel Kneen
Age: 22
Venue: Pulse
Region: Cardiff

How did it feel when they announced you as the winner?
I couldn't believe it at first. I got quite emotional, because I saw some of my close friends who were there get emotional. I had a great sense of achievement and a huge burst of confidence. It was amazing!
 
What was your highlight and lowest point of the whole competition?

The highlight was getting to go on Loose Women, which was such a laugh and meeting the other finalists - which, as nerve-wracking as it was, was amazing. And of course I had Bet Lynch sprawled across my lap, which is good going for a Friday. I don't know about lowest points, maybe when the voting closed and I didn't know whether I'd got into the final. There wasn't really a low point, it's been a great experience

What do you think was your added edge over the other contenders?

Hopefully I came across as a genuine person. I didn't go in with any expectations and it was something i was passionate about, and maybe people saw that. Also I hope people realised that I am going to work hard and not just use the title for the wrong reasons.
 
If you hadn't won, and you had to pick another winner, who else deserved it?

Greg - all the guys were great, but Greg was a really nice and genuine person. He sent me a message the day after to congratulate me

This is the first Mr Gay UK in three years. What would you say to people who are tempted to enter next year?
I'd say go for it, be confident, believe in yourself, and work hard to get there - oh and lay off the carbs.
 
What do you think are important qualities in a gay man? 

Self belief, being confident yet humble, friendliness and strength. And of course make sure to look after yourself and have self-respect.
 
Who is your gay idol?

I'd say my friend, who was my inspiration after he was diagnosed with HIV and handled it with such strength.

Who is your ideal man?
Jake Gyllenhaal - I think it's really attractive having something distinctive about your look, rather than being generic.

Most importantly, are you single? 
Yes (!)

Where are guys likely to bump into you in your home city? 

Probably eiother in the cocktail bars on Mill Lane or in Pulse on a Saturday night, or in Toni and Guy on St Mary's Street where I work.



Pictures by: Paul Reiffer


Sam (Samuel) Kneen - Male Fitness Underwear Model and Mr Gay UK Cardiff - Paul Reiffer, Professional London Photographer


Sam (Samuel) Kneen - Male Fitness Underwear Model and Mr Gay UK Cardiff - Paul Reiffer, Professional London Photographer




Comments