Adamfoxie* } 2011 "A Short Story"

                                                                         
On this pre 2012 edition you will also see the review of the year 2011. It takes us with film and music to some of the watermarks that this is year is left on all of us. Some good, some not so good but before we get there I will like to quickly summarized about adamfoxie* blog and how its been like.

I will like to quote  a fellow blogger and one I’ve followed like he’s followed me since I started blogging in 2009. He sent me a comment and at the end of his point he said, Is 2011 “The END? } Hope Not.. if it is it’s Been a Heck of a Ride” 


I could not agree with my friend Nelson more.  Every year at this time I go through a review of wether all the time that running a blog 7 days a week requires, if is doable for me.  Not if it’s worth it, because I know it’s worth it. In my mind I have a plan, some people might use the word vision, but the connotation to religion is too close for me to use that word. Instead I’ll just say, that even though at times I don’t know what the heck I’m doing, most of the time I do. Being able and capable of setting the direction of where this enterprise ought to go. Every new years' I tell my self Im sticking with it.


Last July I made a fundamental decision about me and the blog. Already knowing that there were changes coming with Google and there was no way things could stay the way things were, I needed to change along with the blog. When I say change I don’t mean change of direction, but change of attitude and change of looks and capabilities of the blog. 


I quit my regular job and went full force into this. Some days working 12 hrs or more to achieve changes I needed to make. After the changes were made readership went crazy on me. I thought there were mistakes with the figures I was getting. I figure one day was going to go back to what I thought was a lot. Which would have been many times less.   Which now it seems like baby stuff. Once I settled down to believe the numbers I was getting there was something that was not working right. The thing not making sense was the commercial ‘clicks' I was getting vs. ‘readership'. This taking into account that it took 3 or more weeks for the new set of colorful more thoughtful commercials that Google was rolling out came to find my page their home. I even left it to google to put on what they wanted, knowing that they had more experience than I did. 


This part took my wind away. How can the blog triple and quadruple and the clicks on commercials stay the same? I asked.  I was not asking the blog to support me, I know I need to get back to work;  But before doing that I needed to leave a blog that was manageable with just 3-4 hours of work a day. Preferably less than 4 hours so I could keep doing it 7 days. I decided to ask reader-friends to take a second look at the commercials. 


They did because they are wonderful people and caring, trusting of the blog and me. I saw those numbers on the commercials move for the first time. This was just a band aid while I figure what the heck is wrong with these commercials. At least is giving me ideas ow how to approach the issue.  Nooo NOT by telling my friends every day to click!!!  But by making sense of the issue and know that those numbers do move.  Why they don’t move with readership is the conundrum, but is something Im willing to face 2012 and try again.


What gave me the push is friends, (many of whom I have never even met), that care if this thing went out or not. May be those are the numbers I was really looking for. Those numbers moved!  Thank you.  You know who you are.


Adam
adamfoxie* Blog Int 
  
Dec2011


Comments