Guitarist PeteTownnsend Comes Out With His Many Gay Affairs


 

The Who's guitarist Pete Townshend has told how he had homosexual liaisons in his youth.


By VICTORIA NEWTON, Daily Mail



The rock legend said he had sex with two men 'consciously' and another 'unconsciously' during his drug-fuelled years in the Sixties.
He made the revelations in an interview with the rock magazine Rolling Stone after his former friend Danny Fields claimed in a book that the pair had been 'boyfriend and boyfriend'.
Townshend, 57, who is on tour in the U.S. following the death of Who colleague John Entwistle, is furious at Fields's revelations and accused the former Ramones manager of drugging him then taking advantage of him sexually.
'I think, just for the record, there's only two cases where I've experimented consciously, and I think Danny's situation might be one where it might be said I experimented unconsciously,' said Townshend.
'It's a bit of a shock for me, but there it is.'
Fields, who was a close friend of Linda McCartney, reveals in a rock book, In Their Own Write: Adventures in the Music Press, that he had a casual 'on-and-off' relationship with Townshend when he was in his early twenties.
Townshend responded: 'To be honest, I can't remember much about any of it. It was to do with the fact that I was actually completely smashed out of my head.
' I ' m 57 , I ' ve got a young girlfriend, I'm not gay. I'm not interested in men. I don't think I really have been. I've had a high sex drive all my life, which has actually been difficult sometimes to reconcile with some of my spiritual aspirations, which are just like a monk, I suppose.
'But I think it would have been because I was completely off my face with something.
'If Danny ****** me, Danny drugged me first. So if you want to print that, then print it, because that's the truth.
'I don't give a damn! But to actually say that we were boyfriend and girlfriend! Boyfriend and boyfriend. I don't know what he's talking about.
'I know that I spent a night in his house. I don't remember much else about it. I did not go out with him. He is not my type.'
The guitarist is no longer in contact with Fields and is angry that he was not consulted before the allegations were made in the book.
Townshend went on to accuse the magazine of ambushing him in the interview and trying to 'out' him.
Fields rejected any suggestion that he had drugged Townshend to have sex with him.
 





Comments