Magic Johnson Came Out HIV and Then He Raised His Son EJ




EJ and Dad. This man has been tested and he has come through every time. 
This man can not go to heaven because there are too many religious idiots and selfish men and women who say they are going there. There is got to be a better place for Magic!
 

Magic Johnson is about the same age as I am. I remember driving down on the Palmetto Expwy in south Florida going to work one morning and I hear an interview about him(magic) on the radio coming out as HIV. There he is a macho basketball star on top of the top of that sport and he had the courage to just say it. Why? ??  He knew the people he would be saving and he also knew that all the rejection from idiots without the information was temporary and that science would make things visible to others as it made it to him. It made it to him because he was rich with the best Doctors. Others were stuck with idiot Doctors who did not bother to find out the specifics about HIV and Aids(then) because they figure the patients were going to die anyway besides it was a hassle to be putting on gloves and masks all the time., plus the expense. How times change. Now the public is had to use those same things and is not for HIV which is pretty hard to get and Transmit unless you are capable of taking chances after you learn is not necessary for good sex(not talking condoms)  And if you are undetectable you won't transmit period, whether you suck swallow get fucked. or fuck.  There are always rules of the road so instead of being 97% safe without a condom, you could be 99.99 percent with PREP. By the way, there is no 100% in nature. And every person's immune system is different and there are people that tolerate a lot and others not. On page 6 (Hiv Page)on pages, you will find specifics about HIV going back 8-10 years. Not opinions but if there are opinions there is the basis in the facts and it gives you where the facts are.

But coming back to Magic Johnson, he went through all the negativity of other players abandoning the court when he came on the court but he just took it like the big man he is. But after all that and people just learn to relax and not listen to stupid people but then his wife came pregnant. Now everyone got so upset about how she could be pregnant if he is HIV what did he do? Well, he knew what he did and his wife also. He never hid the fact from her from the time he got that first blood test. I won't go into that because if you don't know how a woman can get pregnant by a man then I feel sorry for you. It's the same way two lovers make love except in the gay world one is not going to get pregnant but to share a moment of intimacy and love out of this world. So I will leave it there and encourage you to visit Adamfoxie's page for HIV advances and sex without shame.

So the baby is born and he noticed something different about the baby and no the baby did not behave like a gay baby even though he thought he had a gay son. No problem he thought. He had worked with the LGBT community and was well educated and a son is a son. Not a piece of meat you throw out of your home and his home because or she are not what you hoped. And in all your life going to church that's the best anyone can do, they need to have chem therapy for cancer and see if that is better!
Well, this was the introduction of an interview with Variety and EJ Johnson, the son I just introduced to you.


Selome Hailu/Variety

The year was 2010, and scarves were in. “Very European,” says EJ Johnson, the son of Magic Johnson, as he recalls when he came out as gay to his father. “Even in the summer, you had your linen scarves. That was the look. And of course, I was rocking the scarves, because it was hot. And he just could not stand it. ”

In a new interview with Variety ahead of the April 22 release of “They Call Me Magic,” an Apple TV Plus docuseries that covers his life and career, Johnson revealed that he initially struggled to come to terms with his son’s sexual orientation.

“When you grow up in team sports, you’re thinking, ‘Is he gonna play sports?’” Johnson says. “And then when I saw that he liked dolls and to play dress-up … ‘What are you doing?’” 

“I was out to all my friends,” says EJ, who is now 29. “[My parents] were the last people that I really had to talk to about it. It wasn’t new for me, but they had to really take that in and digest it. Especially my dad, because he was really the last person to talk to. I think it was just a lot for him to swallow in that conversation. A lot of just going back and forth. And he just was rattling off about things that weren’t particularly nice. But he’s not somebody who works great being cornered or surprised.” 

Jojo Siwa Exits Will Smith-Backed YA Movie ‘Bounce,’ Paramount Players No Longer Involved
“He’d come up with stupid rules: ‘No scarves in the house,'” EJ continues. “But it’s really not about scarves; it’s really about him seeing you be you.”

Tensions were high in the Johnsons’ Beverly Hills home. For EJ, 17 at the time, those were his last few months with his family before he set off for newfound independence at NYU. But soon after, Johnson visited him in New York, and the two repaired their relationship.

“I had only been gone for two months,” EJ says. “He picked me up at my dorm and I was like, ‘Oh, whatever, hey.’ And he hugged me so hard — he was, like, squeezing all the air out of me. That’s when I knew, there’s nothing but love here.”

In 2013, after TMZ published photos of EJ in a black boa holding hands with a male friend, he decided to come out publicly. Now, fans from the LGBTQ community regularly reach out to EJ and his parents — Magic and his mom Cookie — to express their gratitude for how the family has embraced the community, as well as for Johnson’s HIV/AIDS activism.

Cookie recalls: “I remember a young man came up and said to me one day, ‘I really want to thank you and your husband for what you’re doing. I’m gay, but I didn’t want to tell my parents. When I went away to college, I got [HIV]. But with you guys talking about this, bringing it to everyone’s attention, it’s made me feel I’m gonna be okay, and I’m going to fight harder.’”

But not everybody has been so accepting. “You get the other side too,” Johnson says. “A lot of people don’t love that I love my son.”

Still, that doesn’t matter to Johnson. “He changed me,” Johnson says of EJ. “He was so proud. This dude here is just so proud of who he is.

 
“As I grew older, as my wife talked to me, I couldn’t [judge EJ]. I had to accept who he was and who he wanted to be. He actually helped me get there. Because he was so proud. Cookie said, ‘Look in the mirror.’ I said, ‘You’re right.’ Because I’m proud of who I am. And he got it from me.” 
 
Magic Johnson Wanted to Hit Howard Stern After Racist 1998 Interview Where He Was Told He ‘Had Fun Getting AIDS’  

Comments are moderated. They may be edited for clarity and reprinted in whole or in part in Variety publications.
Jane Doe
 
 Magic Johnson Howard Stern
Magic Johnson on Learning to Accept His Gay Son EJ: 'He Changed Me
 EJ Johnson Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson's Next Shot: The NBA Legend on Changing Lakers History, HIV Activism, and His Revealing Apple Docuseries

  





Comments