Lauryn Hill Compares The Gay Community as Neurotic Pimps,Pushers and Serial Criminals} A Bulls Eye a Hater Would Say



In all honesty I am not one of  Lauryn Hill fans. There are songs I like but most I don’t like and it could be I never liked her or better yet I never felt inspired by her like I do by Adele(not comparing her to Adele) or any other singer in any genre. I could listen to a song and like it but it isn’t until I see the artist and how much sincere emotion is put on the singing and the lyrics Im just a casual listener but will not buy or stream that music. I don’t want words I want truth and the heart of the artist put before me, like a little beautiful french singer would do every time.

In fairness I found someone who knows her and her music and also a fan but fair person. Josh Middleton is that person on PHYLLY blog:
The controversy that erupted when singer/rapper Lauryn Hill released a new song, “Neurotic Society (Compulsory Mix),” that many slammed for containing homophobic lyrics. The verse in question is basically a rundown of reasons why the world has gone to shit. In it, she compares “girl men” “drag queens” and “social transvestism” to “pimps,” “pushers” and “serial criminals.” Sounds like a pretty direct hit to the LGBTQ community, huh? Wel, Hill says we have it all wrong.
Gay Star News reports that the singer says the lyrics aren’t meant to target a specific group, but “everyone in our society who hides behind neurotic behavior.” She continues:
“Neurotic Society” is a song about people not being, or not being able to be, who and what they truly are, due to the current social construct. … Everyone has a right to their own beliefs. Although I do not necessarily agree with what everyone says or does, I do believe in everyone’s right to protest. … The overarching message of my music is to get up and stop compromising! And hopefully it will stimulate and motivate the changes that our society needs.
I don’t know about you, but this doesn’t make it much better for me. I take offense to the fact that she basically says being a girl man or a drag queen is “hiding behind neurotic behavior.” And I’m sorry, but nothing burns me up more than the whole, “you can be who you are, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it” argument. It breaks my heart, too, because Miseducation is one of my favorite albums ever.
Oh, the pain when our favorite divas break our hearts!

Comments