The Temptation of Adam by Josh Ritter and The Messiah Wont Invite Him Back

Josh Ritter went for a performance at Penn. Messiah College. People that know Josh know that he is a straight artist who is also anti bigotry of any type. Well, whomever made the decision either knew that but figured he sings but doesn’t talk. Or just figure He doesn’t look pro-gay, he sings and the student body love him.
I say this because the Messiah College is anti gay ( who would’ve thought with a name like messiah they wont be accepting of all people, no matter how they were born). The college is anti gay with a very strong anti gay policy towards the students. Meaning you can’t be gay and study there.

Josh Ritter
Josh Ritter
Bridgette P. LaVictoire at Lezgetreal.com wrote the following, then at the end I will take you to UTube for his latest.

“Messiah College requires all students to sign a ‘Community Covenant,’ promising to, among other things, ‘avoid such sinful practices as…homosexual behavior….’
This policy, which I see as exclusionary and bigoted, could not run more counter to my personal beliefs. If I had done my homework, and read about Messiah’s policies ahead of time, I would never have agreed to play there.”
Apparently, Ritter also said when he took the stage “chose to use the opportunity to talk to the students — to encourage them to seek openness and change . 

Comments