Don’t BE The Victim Be Prepared } Who Will Protect You? {I will Tell you How}

052113beating.jpg

There Was a Marched Yesterday to Protest The String of Gay Bashings then  Dan Contarino was jumped on East 4th Street and Avenue D last night; That’s him on the photo but there is 
no doubt that he was beaten as you can see. I don’t know the official details but I know the  not officials ones. 
Let's start that he was beaten up and we gays are again fair game in NYC. That established and since I’ve been posting and putting blame where it belongs now lets talk about you.

First why should I talk about what to do in a bashing situation? I will give you my bashing resume or just part of it }  * Experience. I have not looked for trouble but it’s found me. That’s the name of bashing! It find you I have been punched, kicked, hit with bats or sticks that looked like bats. I have been shot.  My car is been vandalized. There is only one thing I have not allowed to happen and is to get knifed. Yes I said not allowed.

If someone pulls at *gun at you before they speak to you I find it is better to do what you are told unless that gun is pointed at your face and you think the basher or hold up person is going to pull the trigger. It’s very hard to survive a bullet to the face even if you get help right away, which you wont. When I was shot the gun (.45 Silver gun) was pointed at my stomach, I was shot on the leg missing my knee by a few hairs. I think the bullet missed all together and got me.

 I think my movement made the shot go to the sidewalk but for an inch it got my leg. But if you think about it I was not shot where the gun was pointing and even though it got my right through the middle of the the leg and going down and exiting not far from the ankle on the other side making a tunnel on my leg. I can not tell you what to do when you are confronted with a *gun before any words are spoken in my case these 4 guys came from behind and there were two of us, but coming out of a gay club on 14th Street. 2-3am Easy prey they thought. I made a decision that if I was shot it was not going to either on my *torso or *head it worked. Some might say if you stood still may be you wouldn’t gotten shot. But 4 straight looking guys with a big gun I was thinking my boyfriend and I  were both going to get shot.

 So I either saved us or got my self shot, but was not shot where I would have been killed for sure. This is the most dangerous situation and what I learnt from it was to always be aware at night who walks behind me. Also to keep an eye on someone coming towards me. Not to change side walk either because that might indicate you are afraid. On the gun issue being aware was the key.

You meet someone at the bar and he wants to take you home or he is so hot you want to take him home right then. If you are to take that chance and you think you are going home with him you need to know he is not a basher. How do you know? You kissing if he doesn’t want to or you felt resistann the mouth and tongue him good. If you get resistance or doesn’t want to drop the guy. A gay guy who is a basher or a straight guy will not kiss a homosexual in the mouth particularly in a bar. Nothing to do with top or bottom. If there is touching touch where you think a gun could be, like around the waist in the back, check by touching. Even if you look whorish, which you are anyways because you taking an unknown home. But it happens and I ve done it more times I can count.

You walking down the street and a guy from far or while he is passing starts to call you the names. I will punch in right in the mouth or any where I can. You will on the net find places that will teach you how to punch you or hit him to stop him right on his his track. 

If he got something, gun or knife you need to hit him where it counts. If he is bigger than you or there is more than one, I will suggest to run like hell. He got hit by a Fag* He will think again more than one time before going after one of us. There will be respect. If a  few guys do that or get detained by the cops for defending yourself word will get out. Word needs to get out that we hit back. I came home once with the shirt in peaces and stained with blood, freezing to death because it was cold and I don’t know where my jacked landed. I was feeling good. The blood was not mine and there were no punches that landed on my face.

I have been to so many major cities including Europe. Only in NY have seen this problem like this, There was some of this South Florida. The only time I had a problem in Ft lauderdale with 3 skin heads There are three of us having breakfast at Dennis and going over events that  night and what a good time we had, I was there with my best friend Bill, he was my size(he is no longer with us) and a third friend smaller than us. These 3 guys come in  and they would not seat anywhere but next to us. All the gables empty but they wanted us.
Alarm went off in my head** I notice that right away of all the tables, they wanted to be next to us. I started hearing the insults and they start with Fag this and fag that but in a normal voice so what ever they were saying it was their booth, it was their business.
 But they started looking at Bill while saying you look like like a Fag, Are you a Fag?. 
Bill (He was Red headed Irish) would have to go over me if he even wanted to get up because I had the aisle seat. The never looked at me but they picked on Bill and it didn’t matter to me. They were testing us. all of us and they were just incleasing the intensity to see if we took it and then get the courage to hit.
 Bill told them that yes he was a fag and and how they would they like to get their buds kicked by a fag., I had not said anything to that point just watching how the game played out. When Bill responded I knew that was it.  They were going to jump us or at least Bill. The bigger one of the three was the first one on his feet. It made it easy for me. I got up at the same time of just a few millisecond before I gave him such a punch in the face he when flying through the other tables and then the floor.  The way he felt made Bill started laughing and now the three of us are laughing like crazy queens in the kingdom of Fag*
We walked out as soon as we could not paying, we had not been served I don’t think. Just went to the car. The would not come out of there to come after us when we went to the car. The stayed in.We didn’t pull out right away.Bill wanted to go back and finish but that was not going to happen. 
The point behind this is just to Make the point to YOU that YOU CaN Not accept being a victim  for the hell out of it. 

If you gave further questions you can leave them on the comment section or you can email me. I set up account for this in case I get too much mail or hating mail this is only for this issue nothing else. You know how to reach me otherwise..  (adam186@msn,com)
These are my experiences and my opinion. Everyone of us is responsible for our own actions. I am not referring to a robbery in this page but to someone who is going to kill you or beat you up because he thinks you are easy prey. The best advice of all is to get self defense training many kids take. I’ve gone to their classes and been surprised how little some of the kids are asked Why do you take them so little and have them fight a bigger one?The answer is obvious, they are the ones that need it the most. 

Adam Gonzalez, Publisher



Comments