Music Mogul 80, Finally Comes Out


Source: Facebook
Source: Facebook
Clive Davis, the 80-year-old top man at Sony Music who helped jumpstart the careers of Whitney Houston and Alicia Keys, has come out as bisexual.
“After my second marriage failed, I met a man who was also grounded in music. Having only had loving relationships and sexual intimacy with women, I opened myself up to the possibility that I could have that with a male, and found that I could,” Davis writes in his new memoir, The Soundtrack of My Life.

“The adage is that you're either straight or gay or lying, but that's not my experience,” the music mogul adds. “To call me anything other than bisexual would be inaccurate.”

The Grammy-winning music producer said that his sexuality is “something that my children and close friends have always known, but that I knew I would need to discuss in a biography,” as quoted by USA Today.

In an interview with ABC about the book, Davis said he has been in two committed gay relationships over the past 20 years, but he refuses to reveal the names of his current partner, whom he’s been dating for seven years.

“For over 50 years I never had sex with a male,” he told ABC News. “It wasn't repressed. I had very good sexual relationships with women.”

Comments