Cissy } 'Did the Best I Could' with Whitney Houston

BY RENNIE DYBALL

Cissy Houston 'Did the Best I Could' with Whitney Houston
Cissy Houston at Whitney Houston's funeral
Amber De Vos/Patrick McMullan/Sipa USA
  
Nearly two months after her daughter's death, Cissy Houston is opening up about her loss. 

On Thursday, Whitney Houston's mother gave her first interview since the legendary singer's passing at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J., where Whitney's funeral was held. 

"I know I did the best I could. ... I don't blame myself," Cissy told My9 of being Whitney's mom. "I know I did the best I could for everything." 

"I'm very proud of my daughter," Cissy tells My9's Brenda Blackmon. "She accomplished a whole lot in the short time that she had here ... she was a very wonderful person." 

As for how she's dealing with the grief of losing her only daughter, Cissy says, "I have my moments ... I'm not there yet ... I don't think I'm any more courageous than anyone else." 

And while the pervasive coverage of the circumstances surrounding her daughter's death continues, Cissy says there's one rumor that is entirely false. 

"Whitney did not die broke ... she's not broke. None of that crap." 

The interview will air in its entirety today Monday on WWOR's THE 10 O'Clock News.

Comments