Man Crush Downnnnnnnnn


Just like my 2011 Model Behavior face-off, this year’s Man Crush Showdown is also coming to a close. After three weeks of intense battle, we now know the Top 10 of 2011 as voted by you. I have to say, I’m a bit surprised by some of the entries. A few of my premier favorites didn’t even come close to making the finals. As the French say, “chacun à son goût” which pretty much means people have different tastes. Don’t get me wrong, any of these ten individuals will be a worthy recipient of the year-end Man Crush honor.
Just in case you didn’t know how these ten finalists earned their spots, here’s the dealio. The top two vote-getters from each of the three rounds automatically advanced to the finals. The remaining four wild card slots were given to the four highest vote-getters from all the rounds. Throughout the year, I picked one lucky Man Crush each week to give my cyber heart to. Now, it’s your turn to pick the best Man Crush to represent 2011. Vote for your favorites and vote often if you want them to win.

 

Logo’s “The Setup Squad” cutie, Jonathan D. Lovitz walked away with first place with 26% of the votes. “Thor” hottie, Chris Hemsworth was close behind with 22%. Will Hemsworth “top” Lovitz this time around *wink*.

Jonathan D. Lovitz

Original Feature: Apr 7, 2011
Occupation: Professional Wingman / Reality Star
Why I Chose Him: Logo sent me a screener of their new show “Setup Squad” and all I remembered was how adorable his dimples were.

Chris Hemsworth

Original Feature: Apr 29, 2011
Occupation: Actor & Comic Book God
Why I Chose Him: It’s Chris Hemsworth. No explanation needed.

 

For Round 2, that sexy beast Marco Dapper from the “Eating Out” movies killed the competition with 35%, while equally hot Justin Gaston scored 27% of the votes cast.

Marco Dapper

Original Feature: Jul 21, 2011
Occupation: Actor & Sloppy Seconds
Why I Chose Him: He is and will always be the hottest guy to appear in any of the “Eating Out” movies. I still have a slight boner thinking about his naked scenes in the second film.

Justin Gaston

Original Feature: May 12, 2011
Occupation: Actor, Model, Former Miley Cyrus Arm Candy
Why I Chose Him: I’ve been crushin’ on him for years. Him posing naked for PETA this year met all my expectations and then some.

 

Round 3 results sorta surprised me. I love “Revenge” and Daniel Grayson (Joshua Bowman) but didn’t think he would win with 35% of the votes. My last “Man Crush” of the year was dedicated to the Patriota Twins and they took advantage of their late entry and walked away with 27% of your votes.

Joshua Bowman

Original Feature: Sep 30, 2011
Occupation: Actor, “Revenge”
Why I Chose Him: They say revenge is sweet, but they also forgot to add hunky and sexy. “Revenge” quickly became my weekly guilty pleasure. I look forward to it every Wednesday and not just because there’s a chance to see Bowman shirtless either.

Patriota Twins

Original Feature: Dec 16, 2011
Occupation: Models
Why I Chose Him: Why end the year with just one hot Brazilian male model, when you can do it with two. I wonder if they’re identical everywhere ;)

The  Wild Cards

Personally, I thought the guys from Round 2 were the hottest but not according to your votes. The four wild card spots were taken by two guys from Round 1 and 3. Not that I’m complaining, because the following quartet of hotties are definitely droolworthy.

Brant Daugherty

Original Feature: Jan 13, 2011
Occupation: Actor (Pretty Little Liars)
Why I Chose Him: He made watching this teen show bearable.

Jon McLaughlin

Original Feature: Jan 27, 2011
Occupation: Singer
Why I Chose Him: During our Oscar party, there was a collective gasp when he appeared to sing the theme song from “Enchanted”. Plus he’s got adorably cute curly hair.

Nick Ayler 





Comments