Martin Garrix, Sam Bruno and Other Artists Record Love Letters to The LGBT Community for Pride



For Gay Pride Month, Billboard asked numerous pop culture luminaries to write 'love letters' to the LGBTQ community.   By 






Rachel Kaplan
Martin Garrix


I've been raised with the belief that everyone is equal no matter what gender, skin color, or sexual orientation. I'm from The Netherlands which is one of the most liberal and accepting countries when it comes to LGBT rights, but even here, not everyone is accepting. 
A couple of weeks ago, two gay men were assaulted in Holland because they were holding hands. A tragic event which sparked a beautiful response; a couple of days after the event took place hundreds of people walked hand in hand through Amsterdam to show their solidarity including many politicians. When people unite and stand up for other people's rights it creates such a beautiful and powerful message. We will not be defined by these heinous acts but instead how we band together and react to them, loyal, united and filled with love.  Whenever I'm on stage it makes me so happy to see all these different people in the crowd having fun together. Music really unites people and no matter who tries to get in our way, it will always continue to do so. This Pride month I'm sending my love and immense gratitude to the entire LGBTQ community which includes my friends, colleagues, fellow artists, and of course my incredibly loyal fans.
Love is love.  Martin Garrix


Beautiful LGBTQ Family,
Your shades and colors shine. Your vibrant spirit lights up the room. Your powerful message to be true to your self-moves the world. Your resilience in the face of judgment, hate and fear are respected.


I have the best fans from the LGBTQ community. You expand my heart, inspire me and move me with your love and loyalty. I will always celebrate you. I will always support you. I will always love your beautiful souls for exactly who you are.
Sam Bruno.  
 Read more Pride Month love letters here. (Billboard site, outside adamfoxie)


Comments