Utah JazzStar on Karl Malone “ Everybody Should Embrace What he Did"





In a live phone interview with CNN, former Utah Jazzstar Karl Malone didn't mince words when revealing his opinion of Jason Collins becoming the first active professional athlete to openly announce being gay.
"I think everybody should embrace what he did," Malone said. "That is his business. I support it."
Malone cited his openly gay brother-in-law, saying he loves him "as kin." He repeatedly emphasized his opinions were his own, while saying "I can really care less what somebody else's opinion is. I'm speaking on behalf of Karl Anthony Malone."
Malone did, however, have an opinion on those who are offended or over-interested in Collins' announcement.
"Grow up people," he said. "Move on. Let the guy live his life."
"What we are trying to do is understand other people, and enjoy and tolerate," he added.
Malone ended the interview with a humorous touch, saying, "I'm Karl Anthony Malone and I approve this message."
Matt Petersen is the Sports Web Editor forDeseretNews.com

Comments