NBA”s Jason Collins Comes Out and Spills the beans on "The Gay Agenda"


NBA Jason Collins as reported by this blog and every other came out as gay monday, making history because even though you had many other athletes that have come out, he is the first US male athlete playing in a major team that is come out and said I am gay.

He says and is quoted in Sports Illustrated that after so many years of being in the closet of feeling so sick about his situation of not being honest he could not even sleep.  It was the Supreme Court’s Oral hearings that pushed him out. As I listened to the testimony last month, that was one of my questions in regards to what would be coming out of the hearings if anything, being that the decision would not be made until June. I was particularly thinking of school kids because I know the damage that I went through hiding something how different that I felt about me when I was a kid.

  Early on I thought all kids were like me but when dating time came I knew who I was supposed to date and who I would really wanted to date. I thought of it as a phase but a painful one.  As I heard of Jason’s coming out the answer to me was if these hearings have pushed him to come out, then it is also pushing a lot of kids and young adults that are in pain but hopefully these discussion about gay rights and gay marriage will give them the cover they need to come out. When I say ‘cover' I mean that still they are going to take flack but it will be less because now they have a hero in Jason as well in others from politicians to soldiers to other young adults. The process is being going on but we don’t see it.  It doesn’t make news. When a kid ends up homeless or doing poor in school or even  doing some other permanent stupid thing, these things don’t make the news. 

When you have an open ’national’ and international discussion, which is what’ s been missing from the process, people don’t have to come out cold turkey. They can point out to those before them. Also with this discussion it comes out that we are individuals. Not martians, not weird not anything else. Individuals and as individuals  need individual’s rights, which are called human rights and civil rights. Once we are seen as such then it’s easier for people to understand. 

I get sick listening so many times by straight people in the media saying how hard it is for people to accept this, which is so BS!  Hard for straights to accept? Well it was no piece of cake for those that found out that nature work this way also. Once the individual realizes who he or she is and people see them as individuals then you find out that is not difficult to accept that an individual needs individual rights. It is that simple.

As an american I feel real good that finally we have brought ourselves out to the media and the government.  This was missing in a major way.  As we all participate in this discussion then things become easier. We are not afraid of information coming out because that is all we have been fighting for in a nutshell. We knew who we were and the nation got to know us, they would see us as we are.  We need what everybody, individual needs, why do you deny us? Misinformation is there but is always been there and anybody with an ounce of common sense and a couple of hairs of fairness in their head they have to just laugh at the things that are being said about us.  Nothing new!
  Technology is advancing and everything is changing and as the world changes and the times move on  what these people have been saying has not change. 

Jason said,  “I’m glad I’m coming out in 2013 rather than 2003. The climate has shifted; public opinion as shifted. And yet we still have so much farther to go,” Collins concluded.
This is my point.  Now because he came and because we have reached the highest court in the land and the mind and heart of the highest ranking individual holding public office which is the President of this United States.  We keep the conversation going and the information coming out.  Next week another player will come out and say Im glad I didn’t come out during winter 2013 but Im glad I feel I can come out summer 2013 thanks to Jason Collins. 

I read a reporter’s writing and he was amazed that as more we talk about this more people come out. He then said “sure because they feel more comfortable because people are more comfortable.” 
I will tell you a secret that many people know: That is the gay agenda. To have people know us. Not to hide because the only people that hide are spies and criminals and we are neither.

Adam Gonzalez, publisher adamfoxie*blog Int.

Comments