Captured Somali Fighting For Russia Talks




In early 2024, Ukrainian military personnel captured a Russian mercenary from Somalia who in an interview with Online.ua, said that the Russian Federation promised him a passport and money for serving in the ranks of the occupation army.

Muhammad Adil, 28, has a wife and daughter in Somalia. On August 8, he arrived in Russia on a tourist visa because he wanted to find a good job there.“Other countries, European countries do not accept people with Somali passports. When I came to Russia, I just waited three days, maybe five, and I got a job in a factory. Its owner, a Syrian, paid me very poorly because I worked illegally without a work visa,” he says.

On his day off, he went to “look at Moscow” and saw an advertisement there for recruitment into the ranks of the Russian occupation army. He submitted an application and it was approved. “The commanders said that I would serve inside Russia. And their soldiers will fight on the first line. That’s why they needed people in reserve,” says the man.

According to Adil, he signed the contract on December 3, and was already on the front line on January 4. To receive his first salary, he had to serve one month, but was captured before this period was completed.“I am a simple man who came from another country to earn a living for my family in Somalia. I don't know anything about strategic things in war: how to hide, how to fight, how to operate weapons, how to do anything. You can say about me that “he can protect.”

That is, you can put me at one door and tell me not to let people in, that’s all. But fighting, shooting and all that, it’s very difficult for me,” he added.He says that the Ukrainian soldiers were shocked that he was not armed - he lost his weapon during a UAV attack.

I showed them that I had injured my arm, broken a rib and a tooth because the ceiling had fallen on me,” he added.The Somali says that mercenaries from Nepal, Egypt, India and Tajikistan are also fighting in the ranks of the Russian army. Russian commanders divide them into small groups and simply say: “Go, go, go!”

He notes that only an hour was allocated for training, and when they arrived in Ukraine, they did not explain to him why he was here and what he should do.

Watch Video here 👇👇👇

❗️Як сомалійський найманець рф потрапив на війну в Україні? #shorts #україна #новини #рф #війна

When they said “Test Range No. 5,” I realized I was going to war. Nobody warned me about this. I told them I didn't want to, but they said I had no choice. I've never had problems like this, so I don't know what to do in this situation. They ordered us to get into a car, drove us and left us near a small house, gave us weapons, magazines and grenades.”

Adil assures that now he would like to go back in time, not see the announcement of recruitment into the ranks of the Russian army, and return home.

Comments