Kirk Douglas, My Mom's Boyfriend





 Kirk Douglas, the dimple-chinned screen icon who was known for bringing an explosive, clenched-jawed intensity to a memorable array of heroes and heels in films such as “Spartacus” and “Champion” and for playing an off-screen role as a maverick independent producer who helped end the Hollywood blacklist, has died. He was 103.
Douglas, who continued to act occasionally after overcoming a stroke in 1996 that impaired his speech, died Wednesday in Los Angeles, surrounded by family, his son Michael said in a statement.
“To the world, he was a legend, an actor from the golden age of movies who lived well into his golden years, a humanitarian whose commitment to justice and the causes he believed in setting a standard for all of us to aspire to,” Michael Douglas said on Instagram. (LA Times)
I have to write something here just like I have on many deaths that have touched a lot of people including me. Kirk was my mom's favorite actor no matter whether he was translated into Spanish when she was in Puerto Rico or English in NYC or Florida. Her favs were John Wayne, I think she saw her gay son on him and then a girl who dressed in skimpy shorts and would beat the hell out of mean. You know her name.
Kirk was different, he just saw him as such a good actor and so handsome. The reason I mention this is not because mom was paid as a TV critic. But mom did not like TV.  I never could figure out why. Most of the time unless it was something super interesting to her she would fall asleep within the first 10 minutes.
As a time capsule for the future s her birthday approaches I had to say something. I dream of her quite often and are good dreams now and I don't want to change the mixture of this soup.
My love for Kirk's family and my mom his forever fan and maybe me because I love kirk Doublas too. I used to particularly loved the supporting actors with black hair that Hollywood gave him. When I was a kid I did not like kids with blond hair. I knew I was not a kid anymore when at around 26 birthday My first long term lover was blue eyes and blond hair. I wish I would have stayed with black or red hair ones...lol
My love to my readers, to Frederick and his husband, too đŸ’œ Will visit my mom soon for her birthday. and I will tell her about Kirk (I know she is not there).

Comments