Actor Haaz Sleiman of Jesus Christ, Nurse Jackie, Comes Out with Thunder




Introduction: Some people think that actors should keep to their craft and leave their personal lives personal. No question this is how it was when television was born but no longer so. We live and are surrounded by media and if one does not comes forward and claim who they are by narrating their own story there would be others that would be more than happy to do it for them except it would be mostly made up. Only the actor/actress know who they really are. Still, usually, performers try to act their real lives and show a scripted life. It is so nice to see when someone breaks the rule and comes out they way they really are. In the world of sexual orientation, we might be living in the 50's.
Some think that it will be harder for them to maintain a big audience if their followers knew they were gay or sponsors would feel uncomfortable. I wonder how the CEO of Apple feels about that or most big commerce today.
There is evidence on both sides, of actors who kept it secret and only to be outed and losing the opportunity to relay their own story, others who came out and they only got more popular because the public admired their candor and people got curious about them.

There is one person who is making the news because he has come out with not just words but words full of truth, candor and bravery or what I called cojones (Spanish for balls). I am referring to the 41-year-old (just the right age) of Lebanese -American Haaz Sleiman! I feel proud to even just type his name.

These are very special times in which you have the good, the bad and the ugly mixed up in the same package of goods. Violence and peace all mingled into one package and from time to time one of those heads sticks its neck out to see who and what it can destroy and sometimes to make things even better. You have a Lebanese-American actor coming from a region that can be unforgiven and it's always marred in controversy. You have political killers from the middle east in which sex age or intellect does not matter as long as a political point can be gained. We have not had anyone from that region come out the way Haaz has come out. I don't want to dwell on that because everybody writing about it and my purpose here is just to make an introduction to a story about him to our readers whoch expect us to say something because Haaz is full of implications, good ones as far as I'm concerned. First,  he is coming out on a nation being run by a man who has sided with the Nazi's and his political party who has given him a pass on every dirty, stupid thing he is done so far. I would love to count the ways but this writting is not about him. Just that he makes life more difficult for so many Americans and He, without a care in the world and most people not born here are worse off than they have ever been for just being born in the wrong country. There is a war going on in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan with a madman in the Korea peninsula trading nuclear insults with Mr. Lock'em up in Washington.

In the middle of all this gumbo the voice of a brave man, one that knows his craft well and proud to be who he is. Haaz is an intelligent person and Im sure he knows the good he is doing and the inspiration that gay kids wether in the anti gay middle east, to the far east and it's anti-gays filth that goes looking for LGBT people to harm because I guess is in fashion in their dark world of theirs.
But Haaz with his voice says look at me, we don't control everything that can happen to us but we can control the type of human being we are. In some places is very difficult to come out but so it was in the United States only a few decades ago. Now in the US is a just a matter of having a bit of Haaz courage, to put your foot down and say why should I be running, why should I be hiding. If anybody has the shame of me, let them hide.

Haaz Sleiman, thank you for being a beautiful person and a brother in the family of LGBT people.
The looks nature gave you but the beauty of your soul is something you have cultivated since you were a kid.
I don't fall in love in politicians no matter how good they appear to be nor people I see on a teelvision and reallly dont understand those that do but that record is broken with Haaz.
I love you man! and Im sure most of my readers love you too.

Adam Gonzalez, Publisher


“Nurse Jackie” actor Haaz Sleiman has come out about his sexuality… without mincing words.
“I am a gay, Muslim, Arab-American man. And I’m going to take it even further: Not only am I gay, but I’m also a bottom. Not only am I a bottom, but I’m also a total bottom which means I like it up you know where,” he said in a video posted on Facebook.
“And I say this to all the homophobes living in the United States of America and across the globe,” he added. “Why not? If you ever come to me, to kill me just because I’m gay… I will destroy you. 
“I might be gay and I might be a nice guy, but don’t get it twisted because I will f— you up.”

The 41-year-old Lebanese-American actor’s declaration was in response to a recent finding by Human Rights Campaign that more LGBTQ Americans have been murdered already this year than in all of 2016.
“These victims were killed by acquaintances, partners and strangers, some of whom have been arrested and charged, while others have yet to be identified,” HRC writes. “Some of these cases involve clear anti-transgender bias. In others, the victim’s transgender status may have put them at risk in other ways, such as forcing them into homelessness.” 
“Nurse Jackie” actor Haaz Sleiman has come out about his sexuality… without mincing words.
“I am a gay, Muslim, Arab-American man. And I’m going to take it even further: Not only am I gay, but I’m also a bottom. Not only am I a bottom, but I’m also a total bottom which means I like it up you know where,” he said in a video posted on Facebook.
“And I say this to all the homophobes living in the United States of America and across the globe,” he added. “Why not? If you ever come to me, to kill me just because I’m gay… I will destroy you. “I might be gay and I might be a nice guy, but don’t get it twisted because I will f— you up.” The 41-year-old Lebanese-American actor’s declaration was in response to a recent finding by Human Rights Campaign that more LGBTQ Americans have been murdered already this year than in all of 2016.
“These victims were killed by acquaintances, partners and strangers, some of whom have been arrested and charged, while others have yet to be identified,” HRC writes. “Some of these cases involve clear anti-transgender bias. In others, the victim’s transgender status may have put them at risk in other ways, such as forcing them into homelessness.”




Comments