Yoga Star in a Kilt Gets Death Threats




Finlay Wilson, whose video on BBC Scotland's The Social was viewed more than 50 million times, received a letter threatening his safety.
The handwritten note was left in an envelope on the 30-year-old's doorstep on Tuesday.
Police are treating the incident as a hate crime.
Mr Wilson said: "I came out my flat at 06.30 in the morning to walk the dog and there was a handwritten letter in a sealed envelope on the front step addressed to 'the gay boy at number 45'.

"It said threatening stuff like 'you need to watch yourself' and they said they'd been watching my videos online and that they want me to get out.
"I don't really know anyone in the building. My friends have been saying they didn't realise this sort of thing still happened in this day and age."
Mr Wilson said he had "never had any grief" in Dundee before.

Mr Wilson's video with Tristan Cameron-Harperin has been viewed over 50 million times
He said: "I was upset at first, but now I am furious, because someone's aim is to intimidate me and terrorise me into leaving my home because of their own bigoted beliefs.
"The people who do this sort of thing need to know that their views are unacceptable and the majority of people won't tolerate it."

Mr Wilson, whose popular videos for the BBC Social website showed him doing yoga with Mr Scotland Tristan Cameron-Harperin in the Hermitage forest in Dunkeld, Perthshire, said the abuser also threatened his dog Amaloh.
He said: "I've had to put a cage on the letterbox to make sure they don't post anything harmful through that he might eat."
Police Scotland said it was investigating a "threatening and abusive incident" in connection with a letter being left outside an address in Dundee between 22:00 on Thursday and 06:30 on Tuesday.

A Tayside Division spokeswoman said: “Police Scotland does not tolerate hate crime in any form and everyone has the right to live safely and without fear."

BBC

Comments