‘Walking Dead’ creator admits the show will make a big diversion-Serious is coming



THE WALKING DEAD
by Andrew Sims

If you’ve read The Walking Dead comic series (of which the show is based on), you may know that the lead character suffers a serious physical injury.
The comic and television series creator Robert Kirkman is now saying that plot point in the comic will probably not happen in the TV show.

Kirkman is talking about the point in the comic series when Rick Grimes loses one of his hands:
Kirkman told reporters at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con: “One thing I’m adamant about is I don’t think that we should cut Rick’s hand off [on television].”
He explained: “When I’m writing a comic book, I don’t think about what I’m doing. I go, ‘Oh, it’d be pretty cool if they cut his hand off right now. That’d be pretty shocking, right?’. Then I do it, and five issues later, I write ‘Rick opens a can of beans’ and then I look at the script and think ‘He can’t do that now’. I didn’t even think that through.”
Despite the proposed change, Kirkman added that there are “very few things” he regrets about the Walking Dead comic.
“One of the things that’s great about the television show is [it features] a lot of characters I miss,” he said. “I don’t regret killing them, because I recognize its value to story, but to be able to come back and write them again… has been awesome.”
Are you okay with this change or should they stick as close to the comic series as possible? We admit it’d be frustrating watching Rick battle zombies without a hand.

Comments