Skip to main content

'Queer As Folk's' Peter Paige Cheers Gay 'Glee' Teens Chris Colfer, Max Adler




PUBLISHED: NOVEMBER 20, 2010
Peter Paige, who played Emmett Honeycutt on Showtime's ground-
breaking gay drama Queer as Folk, says the gay teens on Fox's
 musical-comedy Glee are doing “a lot of good.”
The bullying storyline playing out on the second season of the hit 
show involves Chris Colfer, who plays gay McKinley High student 
Kurt Hummel, and Max Adler's closeted football player Dave Karofsky.
Darren Criss plays Blaine, an out and proud student from a rival glee
 club named the Dalton Academy Warblers, a mentor to Hummel –
After one shove too many, Hummel chases down Karofsky into the
 men's locker room.
“Do not push me homo,” Karofsky warns with a clenched fist.
“Hit me, because it's not going to change who I am,” Hummel
 responds. “You can't punch the gay out of me any more than I can
 punch the ignoramus out of you.”
Karofsky yells, “Get out of my face,” and then, to the shock of millions, 
reaches in and kisses Hummel.
“I think it does a lot of good,” Paige told GregInHollywood.com's Greg
 Hernandez. “I think any time we're getting into people's living rooms
 showing them complicated, interesting, relevant portrayals of gay
 people, we're doing something right. It matters.”
“Seeing Kurt stand up for himself, it really is a beautiful thing,” the
 41-year-old actor added.
BY ON TOP MAGAZINE STAFF 


Comments