Skip to main content

On 'Larry King,' Dolly Parton Says She Loves Her Gay Fans




PUBLISHED: NOVEMBER 26, 2010
In a Tuesday appearance on CNN's Larry King Live, legendary actress-singer 
Dolly Parton said she loves her gay fans.
The star of Nine to Five and Steel Magnolias reminisced about her over 
40-year career with her host.
When King asked her about her loyal gay following, the 64-year-old
 entertainer said: “I have a lot of gay fans, female and male. A lot of
 people feel they've grown up with me.”
“I've always believed that a person should be who they are and you 
should be comfortable being who you are and people should leave you
 alone to be who you are and how you are. So I think I've always been
 accepted in the gay community because I accept them.”
Parton, whose Dollywood theme park in Tennessee is celebrating its 25thanniversary, also said she didn't understand why gay teens would 
be bullied by classmates.
“You can't tell me that people are any way other than how they're
 supposed to be,” she said. “I don't think gay people are trying to be
 different just to make other people miserable. … I think we should
 be a little more tolerant and a little more accepting and understanding.”
BY ON TOP MAGAZINE STAFF 

Comments