Does Baba Booey think gays can’t pitch?



Forgive me for not writing about this earlier. I heard it on the Howard Stern Show on Monday and forgot about it…until today. Howard’s producer Gary Dell’Abate, aka Baba Booey, threw out an historically terrible opening pitch at a New York Mets game. Gary even put a photo of it on the back of his new book. Last Friday he was on Jimmy Kimmel Live promoting said book, and Jimmy asked Gary to “redeem” himself by throwing a couple pitches. You can only imagine what happened (video after the jump).
I love Howard. I love Gary. I’m lukewarm on Robin and Fred, but the point is I’m not trying to trash any of them. But I was disappointed with Gary’s comment to Jimmy that marginalized gay athletes. Check it out, along with video, after the jump.
I get emails from friends and the subject title says, “A pitch worse than yours.” And then I open it up and it’s Mariah Carey or Shawn Johnson, the Olympian. And I’m like, No, I want a heterosexual male doing as bad a job as me.
Let me translate: “Chicks and gay guys can’t throw a baseball, so that’s nothing. I want to see if I’m the worst straight guy, because chicks and gay guys suck at sports. That’s a given.”
It should be noted that Gary had a gay brother who died of AIDS, so I am 100% sure he’s not homophobic. He just thinks gay guys suck at sports. Can we please stop hearing about how much better straight guys are at sports than gay guys? I mean seriously. Or I’ll tell Esera Tuaolo to tackle you!
Below I’ve included a video of me throwing out an opening pitch at a Phillies game. And this gay guy got the ball across the plate.

Comments