Jermelle Simon From Upshaws Comes Out Gay

Netflix
 
(intomore.com)



“I want to say to myself Happy National Coming Out Day. I decided to embrace myself fully. All the parts of me. I decided to love myself unconditionally. I decided that the one thing that I thought was the biggest curse in my life is actually the biggest blessing that I could ever receive. I have decided that I am enough. And I want to thank everyone who has helped me to get to that place where I feel seen, where I feel like I belong, where I feel loved. Thank you for that. 

“Thank you for providing a space where I can come on the internet and say, ‘I am a Black, gay man.’ Happy National Coming Out Day.”


Among those to respond was actor and comedian Kalen Allen. He jokingly told Simon, “Welcome! Your initiation will be next week. Don’t be late! Your supply list can be found on Grindr. See you soon!”

Wanda Sykes, co-creator of The Upshaws, said, “Love you Jermelle! (PROUD AUNTIE) 🫶🏾 🌈”
 

Jermelle Simon, 35, was born in Florence, South Carolina, the son of a shipyard father and nurse mother. He relocated to Hollywood to pursue his acting dreams. He first landed theatre roles before beginning to pick up small TV appearances around ten years ago. 

Comments