There Are Some Things People Over 60 Know That Others Don't



"I want to know"
 

 What are some things only people over 60 know?

What are some things that only people over 60 know?
My top 6.

And I'm well on the verge of the tenth anniversary of my 50th birthday.

1. Sex. Young people think that sex runs out of fuel as they age. And for some people it does. However, for many, this is not the case. Oh, it may become less urgent, shall we say. But it can still be savored like a fine wine. Drink from time to time and without haste. Enough talk.

2. Health. Young people think that when one reaches old age, health goes to the dump. And for some people it does. However, for many, this is not the case. But you must start when you are young to develop health so that when you are older you will enjoy it. Fortunately, I am healthier now.

3. Happiness. Young people think that as they get older they become more depressed. And for some people that happens. However, for many, this is not the case. You can be as happy when you are younger or older as you choose. Up to you. Fortunately, I am happier now.

4. Wealth. Young people think that old age means struggling financially. And for some people it does. However, for many, this is not the case. In fact, with the kids gone, the house mostly paid for, and a lifetime of savings, it can be the opposite. Fortunately, we are enjoying it.

5. Love. Young people think that old age means loneliness and loss of family and friends. And frankly, for some people it does. However, many have more time to enjoy family and friends. When you have built a lifelong marriage and friendships, they flourish. Fortunately, we are living it.

6. Spirituality. Young people think that old age means fear of what is beyond this life. And frankly, for some people it does. However, for many, this is not the case. With fewer daily pressures, it gives you time to explore what lies beyond the daily grind. And discover real life. Fortunately, we have.

Old age can be a challenge, of course. Honestly, though, the younger age can be too.

And when a young man asks me, "Did you ever wish you were 20 again?"

I reply, "No, I'm having too much fun right now."

60+ can be the happiest days of your life, but only if you do it that way.

 

By

Doug Armey
Author, Entrepreneur, and Adventurer


I love my wife, kids, fast cars, slow sailing, traveling, friends, and a good cocktail.

Oh, and our young grandchildren!

I've successfully built businesses, investments, and a church. And had some interesting failures.

I’ve competed in karate, flown airplanes, raced sailboats, and skied professionally. And carry the lasting injuries.

I enjoy writing about my restless adventure to live an extraordinary life. And am happy readers seem to enjoy it.

I also write about personal spirituality on my blog.

If you enjoy these posts please upvote, comment, follow, and share.

Love, laugh and live an awesome life!

Comments