Donald Trump JR Says He is No Poacher

  

  BY      This is a follow up on the story we ran yesterday about Trump
and his catch

 


Donald Trump’s kids are having a rough week. The Donald Junior and Eric have spent the past few days defending themselves after photos surfaced of a lavish hunting trip to Zimbabwe last year. In response to the posed pictures of fresh joy-kills — an elephant, crocodile, kudu, civet cat and water buck, to name a few — PETA blasted the “grisly photo opportunity” for the “two young millionaires.”
Trump Jr. hasn’t apologized, insisting on Twitter that he did nothing wrong: “I don’t apologize to cater to public opinion when I did nothing wrong. To do so would be to sell myself out.”
Honesty. Rare honesty. And in a bit of terrific timing for Ben Harvey and Dave Rubin, the hosts of The Six Pack aired a brief conversation with Trump Jr. just days before the controversy ensued. Trump Jr. makes for a fascinating interview, touching on everything from the clown show that is the Republican nomination, Rick Santorum being progressive … for 1742, and, fitting for the top LGBT-themed podcast out there, how his stance on marriage equality differs from his father’s.
Harvey, a man who apparently can predict the near future, brought up Trump Jr.’s affinity for hunting. “I’m kind of a closet redneck,” Trump Jr. said. “I shoot competitively, I’m an avid fly fisherman, big time hunter, bow hunter, rifle hunter, so I do all of that. That surprises a lot of people. I sort of end up in some redneck circles every once in a while. And I mean that in the positive sense of the word … I try to do what I can to decompress and get out of the New York City life in what little free time I have and try to expose my kids to that. Because I think the city’s great but I think it can also get you in a lot of trouble growing up. So the outdoors has always been very good for me that way.”

Click here to listen to the Trump Jr. interview on The Six Pack

More gems from the chat:
• On the idea of gay marriage: “I’m totally for it. One of my best friends growing up was gay.. it’s never been an issue for me … I think there was a time in my life, probably in college, that I wished every guy was gay because it meant more woman for me!”
• On abortion: “Honestly for me, abortion, I don’t get it. I don’t even understand how it’s a political issue. I don’t understand how there is one issue for voters for that. I don’t understand how you can tell someone what they can or can’t do. And I’m sort of the same way with [gay marriage]. I just can’t buy into the abortion argument. I wish the Republicans would drop it as part of their platform.”
• On The Donald’s politics: “In terms of my fathers political views.. in the grand scheme of things there’s other things he’d be concerned about first, given the state of the world and our economy … I think part of it, and perhaps the shame of being a conservative, is you almost have to have those kind of stances to win any kind of primary. And then you have to sell out and become a moderate in the middle just like you have to do if you’re on the liberal side of the political spectrum.”
• On Rick Santorum: “The guy’s a freakin’ joke.”





Save $ on GROUPON

Comments