Tracy Morgan just doesn’t get it



http://images.buddytv.com/tracy-morgan-and-dav/btv/1/1228109/1/434/593/0.jpg
What is wrong with Tracy Morgan?
The 30 Rock star went on Late Night With David Letterman last night and was asked about the controversy involving a homophobic rant during a “comedy” routine last summer that deeply offended many people.
“I don’t remember exactly what I said that night. I’ve done 50 shows since. Whatever I said it must have offended [audience member Kevin Rogers], and then he tweeted it out. And then I had to deal.”
Let’s refresh his memory:
Morgan came under fire in June for a show in Nashville where he did an anti-gay tirade and said he’d “pull out a knife and stab” his son if he were gay.
Among those in attendance was longtime Morgan fan Kevin Rogers, a gay man who detailed the offensive material in a Facebook post after the show. There is so much more that Rogers reports including gays needing to quit whining about bullying and President Obama needing to man up and quit being supportive of LGBT equality.
Although there is no video of the routine as there was of Michael Richards when he made anti-Semitic remarks during a comedy show several years ago, Rogers’ account got enough attention that Morgan, one of the cast members of NBC’s 30 Rock, began apologizing.
“I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville,” he said in a statement then. “I’m not a hateful person and don’t condone any kind of violence against others. While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context.”
Clearly that “apology” was not sincere and made as a public relations move.
Imagine that.
I’m sure his bosses at NBC’s 30 Rock, including Tina Fey, are mortified by his current bout with amnesia. They had publicly slammed him for his routine and now Morgan has revived the entire situation.

Comments