Michael Vick Talks To "UPTOWN" About Success, being Happy


Sexy Philadelphia Eagles QB Michael Vick opens up to UPTOWN Magazine about the reinvention his brand has gone through since his very public smack-down for dog fighting a few years ago. See the highlights inside....

Just a few years ago, Michael Vick's name was at the bottom of the rung due to his dog fighting sins.
Now a few years have passed (as well as a very public spanking and jail stint) and Mike has returned more victorious than ever.  His career is back on track as the starting QB and having the top numbers in the NFL, he's still engaged to his love Kijafa, and he has found happiness saying, “I never thought this day would come.”
He sat down for a cautious interview with the Oct/Nov 2011 issue of UPTOWN Magazine (he rarely talks to the press) and here are some of the highlights.....

On finding success as a pro-football player....AGAIN
"I am determined to become a better student of the game and I knew I had to work at it.  I was young when I was in Atlanta. I’m older now. I’ve been through a lot and I think I’ve matured. I had some good years there, but I’m just so thankful to be in Philadelphia right now. I could not have landed in a better city. This is my home. This is where I want to be, and I take this opportunity seriously.”
On the Philly Eagles' fans embracing him
“It was awesome. When I was running out onto the field I was listening to see what the reaction was going to be, I was very pleased.  I really didn’t expect that reaction, but I was very thankful.”  He continued, “You have to take precautions, but this is what I love to do. I want to be there for my team and do what I have to do as a quarterback to be successful.”
On finding happiness
“[Two years ago], I was happy just to be on a team. When I was in prison, I prayed for another opportunity. And when I signed with the Eagles, that opportunity had come. I was ecstatic at that point, and I’m even happier now.”
More pics:


Comments