Gay 17-year-old in Sweden: 'Do not let other people's limited views get to you'


I am a happy, open, social and gay 17-year-old who refuses to let other people's prejudices to limit how I live my life.

Where did you get out?

- I knew I would not fall in love with girls the first time in sixth grade. In ninth grade I told my closest friends and first grade I came out to my family. My sisters' reaction was the most beautiful: "But, god, that was no surprise." My dad's brother is gay too so I think it had a bit gay indoctrination.

How is it to be openly gay in Eslöv?

-There are many people with dusty prejudices but now transforming into me not so much, I hang out with those who respect me. What is sad is that this is so bad about gay bars. There really is none at all in Sweden. The only places you can go out on the 20-year age limit so that I will not enter. Moreover, they always have weird fetish themes.

What is your advice to the girl or guy who is coming out?

- I think you should wait until you are really sure of himself. Do not let other people's parochialism get to you, but trust your feelings and that you are a cruel person just like everyone else. Maybe even better. Haha. No, but if you live in a small city sticking it out a bit of course, for better or worse. It's good to be a bit TOUGH.

Why should I read your blog?

- There are many gay bloggers who live in big cities like Stockholm, but few of the smaller Swedish towns. I will be blogging and explaining why all gays do not like fetish clubs (that's the only type found in southern Sweden), make music and make-up tips and an insight into what it is like to be openly gay in this town. Mattiasdeluxi Blog ...


Sanna Trygg
SkĂ¥nska...

Comments