Graphic Novel Tells The Stories of LGBTQ Over 50

  

 A forthcoming anthology by Berlin-based queer comic publisher Moom Comics illustrates the stories of older LGTBQ people. It aims to bridge the age gap. “I was 23 when I moved from my parents’ house to Chemnitz. And then real life began,” reads a comic panel. The illustration shows a young man with his arms thrown out joyfully in front of a disco ball in the former East German town. “Chemnitz sounds incredibly boring to most people. It has a bad reputation,” reads the text in the next frame. “For me as a young gay guy who found a small community, gay clubs, and so on, it was the best place in the world.” The comic is illustrated in black, white and yellow by comic artist Jean-CĂ´me. It’s one of several stories depicted visually in “Back Then,” a queer graphic novel to be published in German and English this May by Berlin-based queer comic publisher, Moom Comics.

Comments