Trump's last Woodward chat

This Axios Posting  caught my attention when I was watching it on Tv. If you missed it, here is a small recap.
Photo: Eric Kerchner/CBS News

On "60 Minutes," Scott Pelley narrated the remarkable story of Bob Woodward's last conversation with President Trump for "Rage," out tomorrow: 

The president's final call came too late. He asked Woodward to include the August peace agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates. But "Rage" was already off to the press. Woodward took the opportunity to level with the president. 

Bob Woodward: "And I said, 'It's a tough book. There are going to be things that you are not gonna like, judgments that I made.'"

Audio of President Trump during Aug. 14 call with Woodward: "[I]t looks like I don't have it on this book, but we'll get you sometime later, I guess."

  • Audio of Woodward: "It's tough, sir. Thank you very much."

Woodward: "An hour and a half later, he tweeted out that the Bob Woodward book is gonna be fake."

  • Tick-tick-tick-tick!
  • Video

Comments