Irish Gay Comedian Graham Norton Says He's Given Up on Tinder Does Not Want to Meet Damaged People


Graham Norton, popular Irish Comedian seems he is got the problem from all ages, He can't find love. If you are gay like he is, it's even harder I found out. Why? Less of us and less pressure to stick with someone. I think there is definetly a someone for everyone but the trick is finding it. I see it as that piece of the puzzle you can't find and without it certain things on the picture you are putting together don't seem right. Obviously there are people that are happier alone. Some are good looking which means they only need to go out like a mice in the praririe, only when hunger strikes but other wise buried in the warmth of the cave is fine and very secure. 🦊Adam




View photos


Graham Norton says he’s done with the popular dating app Tinder, after meeting ‘broken and damaged’ people.
The 55-year-old BBC One host told Closer magazine that he’d given the app a decent go, but had been very disappointed with the prospects he swiped right for.
“I was on Tinder a couple of years ago, but I’m not on it now. I felt like I’d done it. There’s a law of diminishing returns on Tinder.
“I met a few people and thought, “God, there are a lot of broken people in the world and I don’t really need to meet them”. I don’t need to be part of their damage,” he said.
Graham said he turned to Tinder after splitting from boyfriend Andrew Smith in 2015, after three years together. 
However, he says he’s now replaced random Tinder dates with another love – booze.
“Booze is one of my great loves. Lots of people drink, so it’s not like I have a niche interest. I’ve probably started drinking less as I’ve got older but if I say, “I’ve cut down”, then I feel like the prigs have won. I think people should drink whatever they want to drink, because drinking is fun!” he said.
Tinder is a dating app currently used by fifty million worldwide. Users are able to ‘swipe right’ for dating prospects they like and ‘swipe left’ for those they’d rather reject. Once both prospects ‘swipe right’ they are matched and able to communicate through direct messaging.
Norton told American news anchor Katie Couric in June this year that he’s not interested in the gay dating app Grindr either.
“I couldn’t do Grindr, because you know, of what it is, and I work for the BBC,” he said.

Laura Hannam
Reporter

Comments

The key to finding a compatible partner is the same today as it was fifty years ago. DO things. Get OUT there. If you are a club princess and squeal with delight seeing men dressing up in women's clothing, by all means go to clubs, socialize, mix. If you are motivated by civil rights and progressive politics, volunteer! If you're into sports, join a team!