Accused of Making Homophobic Jokes } Comedian Comes Out on Live TV


 

BY: JASE PEEPLES
After being accused of making homophobic jokes, Irish comic Oliver Callan came out of the closet during a live television interview.
The Advocate reports Callan, who is well-known in Ireland and the U.K. for skewering celebrities and politicians on radio, appeared on The Saturday Night Show after generating controversy over comments he made about football star-fashion icon Paul Galvin--which many people considered homophobic. Audiences were likely expecting the comedian to defend his routines, but he had a surprise in store.
"I'm not a homophobe because I'm gay," Callan tells host Brendan O'Connor. "Big swingin' deal." O'Connor tells Callan that a lot of people will likely be surprised by the news.
"I'm not going around singing about how I'm gay and I'm proud," Callan replies. "I'm gay and I don't really give a shit to be honest."
 Watch the interview below.

Comments