If you Look at Fashion Icon Tom Ford who is 50 Today: 50 is Beautiful!


http://www.thomascookmagazine.com/images/2008/apr/p023_TC_Travel_Apr-Jul08_st.jpg
http://cdni.condenast.co.uk/240x360/s_v/Tom_ford_V_09jun09_MSeliger_bt.jpg
By Greg Hernandez  Permalink 
greginhollywood.com
**************

Fashion icon and movie director Tom Ford turns 50 today!
We already knew what a great designer he was but boy, his 2010 directorial debut, A Single Man, was well beyond anyone’s expectations.
This seems as good a time as any to once again share an anecdote about when I met Tom on the red carpet of the 2008 GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles and I made a great, big fool of myself:Greg:“Here’s Tom Ford, THE Tom Ford. Oh, you really are this handsome.
Tom: Awe…you’re a FLIRT! Good! Go ahead! Flirt away!
Yeah, I really did say that. But I quickly regained my professional composure and we started to chat about his being at the awards to present an award to the late photographer Herb Ritts which was accepted by his friend, Cindy Crawford. Tom himself was honored by GLAAD in 2007.
I remarked on how visible Tom had been lately, appearing on the cover of Vanity Fair and the cover ofOUT. Was he enjoying the higher profile?
Tom: “Before, I was working for another company and now I have my own brand and my own company and I am in a certain sense the face of my brand. I’m also the spirit of my brand. It’s my company! Of course it’s fun. I love my job, I love what I do but I’m not taken in or fooled by it. What I love doing is designing beautiful things, I love working, I love building things, I love making things. The rest of it is a kind of benefit. But it’s not something that drives me. I’m not driven to see my face on the cover of a magazine.”

Comments