Skip to main content

Scissor Sisters' Jake Shears Proud To Be A Role Model To Gay Teens




Jake Shears, the 32-year-old frontman of Scissor Sisters, says he's proud 
to be a role model to teens struggling with their sexuality, ContactMusic.com reported.
“I'm proud to be that,” Shears said. “I know what it's like to be a teenager,
 and what it's like to come out, and the difficulties of it all. And how it feels
 to be in school and be bullied.”
“When I read about suicides and gay teenagers it's so tragic. I don't think teenagers realize that it actually does get better. The minute you're done
 with high school your life gets better,” Shears said, referring to Dan
 Savage's It Gets Better Project, which urges troubled gay teens to hang
 in there. Savage, coincidentally, counseled Shears to come out his parents.
“If I'm the go-to for new gays, and if I can be someone that gay 
teenagers can look at as someone who's happy and who has made a good
 life for himself, then that's great.”
BY ON TOP MAGAZINE STAFF 


Comments