Skip to main content

Adam Lambert Offers Cover Of Sam Cooke's 'A Change Is Gonna Come' To Gay Rights



Rocker Adam Lambert has dedicated a cover of Sam Cooke's A Change
 Is Gonna Come to the gay rights movement.
During the final performance of his global Glam Nation tour in Los Angeles,
 the 28-year-old openly gay – and increasingly political – singer took
 a moment to explain his motivations behind including the song.
“The thing about the song is, it's amazing that it was originally intended
 for civil rights, and ladies and gentlemen, if you haven't noticed, the
 gay and lesbian community is in a civil-rights movement right now,”
 Lambert told the ecstatic crowd.
“And so this song has taken on a lot of personal meanings for me.
 Both as a community and also personally. Being told years ago, 
'You're not gonna fucking make it looking like that.'”
“Well, ladies and gentlemen, I don't mean to sound cocky, 'cause
 I'm not – I'm just very proud and I have my friends to thank for
 their support – but we just did a world tour and I got a Grammy
 nomination.”
“The only reason I bring that up is, if anybody tells you 'No,' tell them,
 'Fuck you,'” he added to thunderous applause. (The video is embedded
 in the right panel of this page.)
Lambert then busted into a heart-wrenching rendition of the song.

BY ON TOP MAGAZINE STAFF 

Comments