Chenoweth: "God Doesn't Make Mistakes"




Chenoweth: "God Doesn't Make Mistakes"


KRISTEN CHENOWETH X390 (GETTY) | ADVOCATE.COM
Kristin Chenoweth talked toTime magazine about her new Broadway showPromises, Promises, being a Christian who supports gay rights, and why appearing on Pat Robertson’s show to promote her inspirational record was a huge mistake.

“I'm a Christian,” Chenoweth says when asked how she would describe herself. “And I know unfortunately there's a bad connotation that comes with that now, but I'm also nonjudgmental. God doesn't make mistakes. People are born how they are born. And I think people should be able to get married and love each other.”

Chenoweth says she’s taken a lot of heat from the religious community for her support of gay rights — from Pat Robertson when she appeared on his show ("Live and learn," she says) and when she was fired from an appearance on the “Women in Faith” tour.

“It was devastating. They are quite aware I'm in the entertainment business. And they asked me to step down and I said, ‘No, you'll have to fire me.’”

Bookmark and Share

Comments