Donated my body and most of my time today-(Final)

Will tell you all about it tomorrow. Just got home and Im Just dead.

See you tomorrow, Adam
Tomorrow is here and as soon as I finish with the posting for today I will finish this posting with what I call a date with a radiation coffin.
See you soon.
The trip to NYU Langone commenced with little worries or issues. Got there on time and the test commenced. These were kind of boring tests but you were doing it with the main scientist who instructed on how to solve the problems. This test looked more like an IQ test but actually, they were to measure how limited or not were my arms, hands, and eyes. Particularly the eyes. It seems that they indicate how well what's behind it, is functioning the brain.
Then there was an electronic game in which I found the circle with one eye tape (ouch!) open. It is repeated in different ways to measure your peripheral vision. You had the Doctor and an assistant looking at it on different monitors. Your hands were taped to a piece of wood with the shape of the hand. This was to limit your hands' actions since the tests were to observe your eye peripheral vision and what you could or not do.

The best for last..



5 min.vid

After I was done with this sequence of examinations I walked two blocks to the MRI section of the Hospital. Everything was very professional friendly, well planned. Now the MRI machine which looks like a cylinder with a moving narrow bed to get on and the machine takes you into the machine.

I know that I am semi-clustrophobic. That means to me that I will be ok locked in a small space depending on the free air flowing for me to breathe and keep cool. I have taken about 4 of those in my lifetime. The more I went through the system the more claustrophobic I became. I knew I could do 20 minutes but no longer. I became committed to this and to be honest, the payment for my time attracted me. I saw it as selling my body for a day, no sex, and not what Im with but how many times do you get the opportunity to help others and maybe pay a bill or two? That was the way I looked at it. I intended to go through it but had no idea if I was able to finish it. I knew if it was stopped my payment would be withheld.

I asked before I was strapped to the running stretcher or bed which is just to cover your extremities. They put a fixture that looked like a football helmet but it was open in front and on my head. I was set in that position so I would never move. They gave me a button to ask for help if I needed it. I remember using it once on a 20-minute scan.  I asked how long was it supposed to last. The nurse told me she would find out and get back to me. I guess she needed to see how still I was holding and how it was going. After ten minutes I heard through the microphone, "It will last for 40 minutes giving  the information you requested.'
I said "Thank you" and was grateful to hear a voice and verify I still could talk.
Right from going in which is the worst feeling because is about the space a body has in a coffin. The difference is that my body does not care for Oxygen but I do and need plenty of it. I got asthma and was afraid I was going to get one episode. I was so close to the ceiling of the tube but the worse tended to be the noise of the machines. At least that's how it was for me on other occasions, But here they gave good professional ear plugs and I stuck as far as they could go. That helped so much! Now it was not the noise like in other occasions in which it was my worst enemy. This time was the air. It was hot in there and as the machine worked it different noises and bangs, I could feel the sweat drops coming down the side of my head and also in front of my eyes which you can't touch and you can't move otherwise they stop it and start from the beginning. As a pro on this, I knew the rules, and the more still, I was the faster the test would go.
I just wish air was being pumped to me like on another occasion. It would have been much bearable if I was not having problems breathing. I was not choking but every breath was heavy and done with some effort. 
I told myself I couldn't do anything about my circumstances. The only way Im going survive this is to behave in a correct form for me. First. close your eyes other the ceiling of this machine is going to seem to be getting closer to me and my space is getting smaller. That is what claustrophobic people feel, the wall getting closer to you to entrap you. I was already entrapped, so closed my eyes. Secondly, manage your breathing. Slow it down. Breathe slowly and release slowly. This way you give the oxygen to get to your brain uninterrupted but in a slow-timed way. 
Lastly and as important as the others I mentioned, have your mind get busy. If you think you can get to sleep fine but is going to be tough with all that rocket the machine is doing. I decided I was going to connect to the power out there. Im not religious, more like anti-religious even though Im a seminary person.
But I know everything is connected and I know what keeps us up and going and is not the Wendy's or whatever food place you like to go for your lunch. I know is electricity and some radiation like the machine. I can connect not to the machine but to the power that made me be. I've done this on other occasions in which I needed help..This was the perfect place if you are religious to pray and if you are not to meditate. Meditation is nonreligious, this is when you put your thoughts to the electrical form or being that formed you. I cannot even remember what I was saying in my meditation. But I was asking for help to finish this undertaking to have the data they needed to help others and maybe buy a bottle of wine for me? 
I definitely paid a bill or two except they already gave me a debit card but it had no amount nd was told it was going to be entered by the Doctor scientist taking care of this experience. So I could guess but could not tell myself, 'Well Adam you will be able to use$$  to make me feel better" I heard a voice coming from god saying you have twenty minutes and all is alright. I was glad I was halfway and it was going fast, so thinking I was dead and I could not move my body did work. Still, 20 more minutes to go.
Finally, they told me it was over and the noise stopped. I could not wait to get out of there. I was just in a hospital gown and I had perspired so much I was stuck to sheets on the stretcher. But was Out of there.

I am not recounting this experience to scare anybody into doing an MRI. There are also sit-down or stand-up MRIs so if you can't do the closed one you can ask your Doctor for the other. My experience here is how a claustrophobic guy could get stuck inside a drum, in a warm to hot temperature and not enough air to breathe.
But we can control our breeding so we will need less oxygen and that will help us to stay calm.
I don't plan to do it anymore for no reason. Had that one!!
Stay healthy and keep coming back, Im working every day for my readers.


Comments