Rabidly Anti Gay Hungarian József Szájer Caught by police in A Gay orgy, Brussels


A DRUG-fuelled lockdown orgy attended by an anti-gay MEP was no worse than meeting for coffee, the organiser has claimed.

Horny Hungarian József Szájer, 59, leaped out of a window as cops burst in and found 25 naked men enjoying a mass romp in the Belgian capital.   

József Szájer, from Hungary, broke lockdown rules by

 taking part in an orgy in BrusselsCredit: Rex Features
József Szájer, from Hungary, broke lockdown rules by taking part in an orgy in Brussels

  He leapt out of the window as Belgian cops busted the party on Friday night  
He leapt out of the window as Belgian cops busted the party 
on Friday nightCredit: AFP

Married Mr Szájer - a close ally of anti-LGBT Hungarian PM Viktor Orban - was forced to quit and issue an apology after his arrest last Friday.

He reportedly had blood on his hands when cops caught him hobbling down the street after he hurt his leg jumping from a first-floor window.

Several diplomats were also nicked after taking part in the lockdown-busting sex party yards from the city's central police station.

Gatherings are limited to four people in Belgium, which has suffered one of the worst Covid death tolls in Europe.

But the organiser of the orgy, 29-year-old PhD student David Manzheley, insisted they had done nothing wrong.

“All my guests must have already had Covid-19, and must not have any symptoms. I trust that my friends would not lie about it,” he told Belgian daily Het Laatste Nieuws.

“To be honest, I don’t see the problem. There were two nurses there, and they didn’t think it was dangerous either.”

Mr Manzheley said it was like any other party, adding: “We talk, we have a drink - just like at the cafe.

“The only difference is that in the meantime, we're having sex with each other.”

POLICE RAID

He added of the raid: “Suddenly my whole living room was full of cops.

“They immediately started shouting, ‘ID card! Now!’ But we weren’t even wearing underpants. How the hell could we quickly pull out our ID cards?

“That only made the officers angry. They were very unfriendly and said mean things about gays.”

The host said he did not know the MEP, who came as a friend of a friend.

“He said he had lived in Brussels for a long time and also occasionally organised sex parties at home,” the student told Nieuwsblad.

Police arrested at least 20 men, including two European diplomats, who were each fined 250 euros.

The Brussels public prosecutor said Mr Szájer was seen fleeing along the gutter, and had bloody hands that may have been injured in the escape.

His identity might not have emerged if he had not tried to claim diplomatic immunity as a veteran member of the European Parliament.

Mr Szájer shocked colleagues by unexpectedly announcing his resignation on Sunday. He is set to stand down at the end of the year.

He is married to Tünde Handó, a prominent Hungarian lawyer and judge. The pair have a daughter Fanni, who was born in 1987.

Married MEP József Szájer has quit and apologised

  Married MEP József Szájer has quit and apologisedCredit: Rex Features

Police said they found drugs in his backpack, but he denied taking drugs and said an ecstasy pill found at the scene was not his.

He said: "After the police asked for my identity - since I did not have ID on me - I declared that I was an MEP.

"The police continued the process and finally issued an official verbal warning and transported me home.

"I did not use drugs. I offered to the police to take an instant test, but they did not do it."

He added: "I deeply regret violating the Covid restrictions - it was irresponsible on my part. I am ready to pay the fine that occurs.

"With my resignation on Sunday I drew the political and personal consequences.

"I apologise to my family, to my colleagues, to my voters. I ask them to evaluate my misstep against a background of thirty years of devoted and hard work."

He was disowned last night by Mr Orban, who said he had "no place" in his political family.

A spokesman for the hardline PM, who is opposed to LGBT rights, said: "We will not forget nor repudiate his 30 years of work but his deed is unacceptable and indefensible.”   Oxford-educated lawyer Mr Szájer was one of the founders of Mr Orban's Fidesz party, with a focus on traditional Christian family values.

He helped draft the 2011 Hungarian constitution which outlaws same-sex marriage and has been used to restrict the freedom of LGBT citizens.

One recent amendment ensures only heterosexual married couples can adopt children.

This year the government said Hungary said would not take part in next year’s Eurovision song contest because it was “too gay”.

Comments