After 17 Years in Florida, A snow Storm in NYC Makes me Lonesome for the past



Greece Town, Rochester, NY. Grand Opening in my Store.
.                    Taken from Littman Quarterly Magazine (publisher Adamfoxie) and               Linkedin
 
I spent 17 years in Florida. Elangy Corp(at the time owners of Littman jewelers) took to many places to open new outlets. Upstate NY to North Miami Beach.But they were hit on a recession while spanding and the bank would not give anymore funds. They sold to their competitor.

I left and after a sting with Sterling and managing the worse store they had(my DM would say if you do well here everyone will see you as a winner a Hollywood star, that scared the bjesus out of me.The thing is I came in as a winner and just being in that store made me a looser. That store had a smell like they had killed someone and hid'm in the ceiling or may be rug.. When I went to Akron Ohio and met the head man with red socks, even though I was critizized for having a band aid in my finger.

I knew I wanted to get out. Can't go back because I knew they (Elangy)were selling evn though the VP who originally hired me was tell the Presidentn Tom Jones(Not the singer) to apologised to me and bring me back. It had nothing to do with apologies when I left it was mainly because people talk and I knew a lot of people, making friendships at manager's conferences and managers brought in from other comapanies.

So Sterling sucked and My poor Littman that I loved was going away and lying while they kept hiring permanents. Second time it happend to me but in both instances I had months of knowing the secret. So I decided After becoming sick and being out of retail for 8 months. Decided to just stay in the field but don't push for the same positions I had. at this point I wanted a sure slalary to continue some of my life style. Assistant was fine and actually I never wanted to leave the Previous position of training in their systems. Paid and Commissions, as an assistant I was in a draw which I left being way ahead and making my goals. 

I did not undestnd why I was selling so much (no push selling I called it).So now I have an elderly sister that I love so much and from a family of twelve me being the baby but most everyone is dead.So Once in a while I think of Florida. But I love NYC and I have an apartment I hate but is big and rent control for the time being. My mom died here I might as well do too...lol

Adam Gonzalez, Publisher


Comments