Christmas in Puerto Rico as a Child-Feliz Navidad!



On Christmas eve the neighbors dressed in all kind of outfits representing African gods(singing Christian music) and playing folklore songs in what is called "Alto" (stop) in which they come and sing in front of your house and will continue to sing "Danzas" (Puerto Rican folklore songs) until the owner opens the door and offers either money or drinks and food.

Now you can see what it was a golpe or punch because they will hit you at night after you've gone to bed. Usually, they will be happy with a beer each or a shot of Puerto Rican rum. My father was not a drinker even though I had two brothers that became alcoholics and died after they killed their livers. Neither one of my parents drank. But at Christmas, I was surprised he had something he never had during the past year. My father was kind of tight and to have a box or two of goodies under his bed made no sense to me until one day I decided to explore and open and try what was in those boxes (beer rum and anisette). I didn't like the warm beer and could only sniff the rum but Anissette I liked because it was sweet.
This went so bad for me that getting sick was the best part of the experience or I should day ordeal.





Jose Ferrer, Rita Moreno, Ricky Martin
Jose Ferrer - 1952.jpg Related imageImage result for puerto rican gay santa


 Zazzle
Go Ahead and order


  • Front
    Front
  • Back
  • Colors


https://www.zazzle.com/adamfoxie=238514229285795086

Comments