Hillary Clinton Forgot the HIV History Praising the Reagan’s who Ignored it



Image result for nancy and ronald reagan and aids
                                                                 









I saw the tape of Hillary praising the Reagan’s and particularly Nancy Reagan today in regards to their great contribution to the AIDS crisis of the 80’s. I got sick to my stomach.

 As much as I like Bern I never thought he had a chance and would never get the numbers to win the nomination and probably if he did he would loose to any of the Republicans running. I was quietly within me comfortable to vote for her even with problems that she’s had but we’ve had so far worse and many of those problems are Republican created. Just like they wanted to removed  a popular president in Bill Clinton because he had sex in the Oval office with someone beside Hillary and even then if they found out he did Hillary on top of his desk that might have been cause as well. 
This nation elected Pres.Bush and with it all the problems it should have known to put in to office a man that was clearly not studied in the world politics and its problems. 

When I heard the Hillary comments I wanted to run to my computer and write or bitch or yell to someone. Then already she had already back down. The thing was that her story of how the Reagan’s were so good for informing everyone about AIDS was never reconciled with her backtracking. For me to begin to forgive her for that I had to listen of how she put that together. Anyone who was at least 12 years old during the 80’s most know there was just silenced from the federal government. 
I have to commend the HRC for sending a message which she immediately heard. That make me feel better but I don’t think I could watch anything she says now and not remember how easily she talked about something in which she was clearly wrong. She had to know about this but I don’t care because that’s for her and her shrink if she is got one to iron out. As far as Im concerned when the primaries come to my state I might not vote for her. It all depends who at the time I think can beat Donald Trump.
Adam 





The below piece is the one I caught at msn.com.

For someone who has always seemed the gay and the liberal vote I assumed she knew about HIV and its history particularly in a city in  which skyrocketed to a senate seat.

Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton is apologizing for praising Nancy Reagan's response to the HIV/AIDS crisis after facing a torrent of criticism from her supporters.
"While the Reagans were strong advocates for stem cell research and finding a cure for Alzheimer's research, I misspoke about their record on HIV and AIDS," Clinton said in a statement tweeted Friday. "For that, I m sorry."


The candidate quickly walked back comments from her interview earlier Friday with MSNBC, when she said she really appreciated the Reagans' work on HIV/AIDS.
"Because of both President and Mrs. Reagan in particular Mrs. Reagan we started a national conversation. When before nobody would talk about it, nobody wanted to do anything about it,” Clinton told MSNBC.

Her remarks, which took place just before the former first lady's funeral, were quickly condemned on social media by advocates who said Ronald and Nancy Reagan had done the opposite of trying to address HIV.

Chad Griffin, the president of the Human Rights Campaign, tweeted  Nancy Reagan was, sadly, no hero in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
Nancy Reagan, in particular, has been criticized for ignoring pleas for help from her friend, actor Rock Hudson, just weeks before he died of AIDS.

In her apology, Clinton did not specifically criticize former President Reagan or his wife on their HIV response. Critics charge that the Reagans ignored early warnings of the epidemic because of homophobia.

Members of Reagan s administration have since admitted that Reagan declined to discuss the issue for his first several years in office.

PBS documentary about Nancy Reagan that focus on her role in the AIDS crisis

Comments