Young Missionary sex Abuser of Kenyan’s kids says, demons made him do it





screen_shot_20140806_at_1.03.12_pm
Matthew Lane Durham 
SCREENSHOT KOCO 5

Mathew Lane Durham, the 19-year-old Oklahoma missionary who allegedly admitted to raping several children at a Kenyan orphanage, also allegedly told a friend that he was possessed by a demon named Luke who made him commit the atrocious acts, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the report, federal prosecutors submitted the text messages Durham sent to a friend about “Luke” and the control the “demon” had over him. “How can I not hate this thing inside of me? It takes me at night and I am powerless over what Luke wants. Yes I named him, I know how crazy that is. He whispers in my ear all day and he’s so hard to resist,” one message allegedly read.
Durham’s friend advises him to pray and laugh in the face of the supposed demon, but Durham continues: “Literally he takes me at night and there is nothing I can do to stop him. I’m asleep, what can I do? ... I’ve prayed so much but every night luke gets get luke wants.”
Durham, who was doing missionary work in Kenya with a group called Upendo earlier this year, faces life in prison for the charges, which include engaging in illegal sexual conduct in foreign places and aggravated sexual abuse with children.
The teen allegedly confessed to raping and molesting as many as 10 underprivileged Kenyan girls and boys, ages 4 to 10, while doing his missionary work. One of the children is HIV-positive.
According to the Daily Mail, prosecutors have been hoping to have Durham remain in jail, arguing that he is a danger to the community and a flight risk.
However, according to the Associated Press, on Monday a federal judge in Oklahoma City, Magistrate Judge Shon Erwin, granted him bond, under the condition that he remain inside his family home and not come in contact with children.
“You’re going to be on 24-hour lockdown,” Erwin told the suspect, setting bail at $10,000 and giving custody to the young man’s father, Oklahoma City Fire Department Maj. Kyle Durham. The younger Durham also had to give up his passport.
Prosecutors are planning to appeal the decision.
Throughout the horrifying accusations, Durham’s parents have stood by him, testifying that they did not believe the allegations, according to AP.

Comments